Close

Threaded View

Student

Question Need advise for a resin printer

Semi retired mechanical engineer - designer consultant, working on NX platform. Just got back to a CAD work after a long year of sitting in a dark.
    Seeing in the office two of my young coworkers having the Anycube Photon Mono X resin printer, they like miniatures.
    I got the idea to get one 3d printer for myself as well. I am primarily interested in prototyping and proofing my design, not really into games and toys. Btw, I did a lot of SLS designs in the past, parts were outsourced.
    What would be your recommendation? I understand that "you got what you paid for" is not always working like that. And the internet (amazon) want to sell you just anything.
    Unfortunately I cannot reach out to the Formlabs platform, what else is there worth to invest?
    The machine to have a solid mechanical platform, widely available spare parts and upgrade ability, also a wide forum support base and solid software. If all possible a full kit to fit into $3K bill?
    Researching now also resins I could further machine/tap/mill to finish the parts.
    Last edited by bigHUN; 02-14-2021 at 08:40 PM.