Close

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I have seen is the ability to 3D print implantable objects to help bones and tissues re-grow! Truly amazing!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do?
    It would be a printer that is able to print in a wide range of materials, with a place to put the scrap (skirt/brim/raft left overs any failed prints) into a bin on the side to be broken down and reused automatically, with a built in auto Slicing program and the ability to go from small to fairly large easily.

3DPrint - Ultimate 3D Printing Giveaway!

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing that I have see with a consumer grade 3D printer is dissolvable support material. Being able to print a whole structure of parts that join together and move together without having to put them together or do any assembly is the thing that i am looking forward to be doing when I get a dual extrude 3D printer!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    My dream 3D printer would be equipped with everything, dual extruder, heated bed, dig build volume, and be-able to print in all different materials. But I would like it to be modular because it will be a 3D printer and CNC machine all in one. I feel like they are very similar machines and just hasn't been done right yet bun can be with the right design.

Student
    Add graybar11 on Facebook Add graybar11 on Thingiverse
    During a summer course I was facilitating, we watched a medical technologist demonstrate the process of 3d-printing cartilage structures (an ear). He showed how the printed scaffold would be implanted with living cells to generate a usable ear.
    I would like to see a large size printer that would print (low res) in quick hardening foams of various types. It would be large enough to print something the size of a kid's ride-on toy. I would find this useful as a way to bring the world of 3D printing into the classroom at a scale large enough for a whole class can see.

Dies for lost wax casting, I love that idea, rings, engines, drones, sailplanes, motors, cool stuff.
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    It would allow production of rubber objects with variable durometer stiffness and it would have two heads and a print volume of 2'x3' so I could design sailboats, model windmills gearing mechanisms (as prototype for big windmills), and really cool farm tools, seed planters, dibbles, grafting tools, and nifty children's toys.
    Last edited by modal; 12-14-2014 at 04:52 PM.

I have SO many things I want to do with one of these!

Probably the advances in medical applications; from replacement joints, to the development of dissolvable sensors. It's a great way to promote 3D printing not just as a manufacturing tool but also an important scientific instrument.

Desktop Based:
    I'd look at a multi-purpose printer where you could use SLS/SIS to print useable metal components (particularly useful for my other passion vintage/classic cars where replacement parts can be unobtainable or too expensive);
    and FFF for making various odds and sods in the other area using a single extruder with interchangeable heads dependant on material (multiple materials/colours would be covered by something like mosaic manufacturing's solution), heated bed, probably coreXY setup to move the build plate,
    a 12"x12"x12" build volume for both areas.

Large Size:
    Inspired by Local Motors 3D Car, a printer that could build the rough shape of the various body components and then replace the extruder with a milling/sanding head to smooth the surface to finish.

- What is the most interesting thing I have seen done with a 3d printer the car definitely the car
    - If I Could build my dream 3D printer, it would print in color, with colored plastic, transparent, conductive fiber and strong carbon fiber materials. Have good enough detail to print smooth curved surfaces and threads, be reliable and fast enough to print a 6inch cube an a couple of hours. And I would want it to be quiet and fume free for use in the house. And last of all I would want to be affordable.. Under $1000 ps it would have software that integrates all of this into a single design package. Yes that would be great

i have seen or watch report of 3d printed replacement parts for airplane. they can print parts for prototype or replacement.

to have multicolor / fullcolor FDM printer using single head filaments are feed into head mix to produce color, to bigger build envelop, affordable metal / sla printer.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    3d printed bone prosthesis : skull bone, vertebrae...

Print biocompatible grafts and bone prosthesis!

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

it would be the Gyrobot and Filaflex 3D insole. practical and can solve many foot problems.

a 3D printer with three nozzles that can print on top of each color or materials used, with a hopper instead of a filament that uses tiny granules as the printing extruded materials, and recyclable. maybe the heated delivery form the fixed hoppers to the print head would be a flexible heated screw type continuous injection. the material could never run out.

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast