Close

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Student
    Please accept my entry.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I have seen printed has been customized casts for broken limbs and the child exo skeleton project. Basically the biggest leap is this Catagory of scan/print customized body assist parts that are unique for the individual.
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    the key to my dream printer is Simplicty and a wide range of print materials. My dream printer would be WiFi enabled with software that runs on all devices types so that a user can send a 3d model at any time from anywhere. It would have an array of sensors that allow monitoring of the entire process remotely (temp, video, VOC, material quantities, etc.). My dream printer would not be limited by a single material or single color for each print. It would be capable of changing color, flexibility, strength throughout the print process.

For my entry:
    The most I teresting thing I have seen has to be the reprint of the Cuneiform tablets that were sealed. Not so much because they used some advanced printer or new technology but because they were so creative in finding a solution to the debate over whether to open them and effectively destroy a priceless artifact. Simple solution, CAT scan, print, break printed item open, and bingo the writing is now available and the artifact is saved! With 3d printers sometimes you can have your cake and eat it too.

The ultimate 3d printer for me would be big enough to print 24" by 24" while still having an accuracy of 10 microns. It also should be able to print any plastic you put in (ABS, PLA, conductive, glow in the dark, ...) and run very silently so I can just hit print and wake up the next morning to find my project. One final thing, It should have a built in backup battery so my print won't get lost during a power surge or blackout.

Q1- I think the most interesting thing I have seen done is the 3D printed car. https://localmotors.com/3dprintedcar/

Q2- My ultimate Home 3D printer is one that I could print all the usual plastics but also has the ability to change out the heads for laser cutting, and for CNC drilling and routing, with a really user friendly computer interface incorporated all these features.

Please accept my entry.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

The research into printing human identical organs for medical testing and medical cures.
    If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    My dream printer would include a filament processor that can recycle used plastics into new filament. Also, my dream printer has the ability to apply different coatings to surfaces for finishing and technical reasons.

Thank You.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I found a project on kickstarter very interesting, Some folks had designed a miniature resin printer that was wireless.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    I would like to build a printer with multiple extruders for all types of plastics and metals, it would have a heated bed and a nozzle that shot coolant onto extremely hot materials,It would be able to prototype almost anything and if needed produce large quantities of whatever you were building.

The most interesting print that I have seen so far is this light:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/475200198155758218/

One thing that I keep wanting for my printer is a light and a mirror on the underside. I would really like to be able to see the print as it is getting made.

The most interesting thing I've seen done with a 3D printer is in the medical industry. They are currently testing out how to 3D print working organs and have actually successfully printed a working heart valve. The advances are getting quite extraordinary.

I actually designed my own 3D printer during my associates degree in drafting an design. My dream printer would be fairly similar to what I designed. 18" x 18" x 18" build area, heated build platform, proximity sensor for autobed leveling, min and max endstops, Camera for monitoring or time laps build displays, built in 3D scanner, Wireless card for computer free printing over the internet as well as a quad extruder head for multicolor printing or if not that a sort of rotary head with 8+ extrduers that could be rotated into place so as to not loose build area but still increase the number of colors needed.

Question 1 the most intersestin thong I have seen done with 3d printing is the design and production of prostetics with the high number of wounded American vetrans the possibitities could help to not only help our wounded soldiers but their families as well.

#2 I would includee a 3d scanner and various extruders that might allow for different materials to be used in printing I would also make it easily expandible so one could easily change print area sizes as nessary
    \

Multimaterial parts created in one run on the same printer, including combinations of flexible and rigid materials in the same component.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do?

Extruson or sintered multimaterial prints with a combination of metallic, non-metallic, and composite components for creation of biologically inspired mechanisms and robotic components!

Student
    Good Luck everyone, so many awesome prizes.
    I always find 3D printed prosthetics very interesting and amazing, it is a good thing to see technology do good.
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!.
    A stereolithography printer with a jumbo build volume with crazy speed!

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast