Close

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I'm facinated by the current work in bioskin, prosthesis and medical 3d Printing

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    A 3D Santa Claus machine that would scan, engrave, , 3D print.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Has to be the story about the kid who didn't have a hand, and someone printed him one. He can catch a ball with it and stuff. Its pretty amazing how lives can be changed with this technology.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Uh Quad extruder, PCB printing, end mill, 3D scanner, and a plasma cutter. All as tools that swap out automagically depending on need/Gcode. Create/remove/create/etc over and over until you get some crazy product.

reply to this discussion thread, and answer the following 2 questions (answers must be at least 2 sentences in length each):
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild
    The Reason a metal 3d printed gun. Using an EOS M280 3D printer weapon is designed to fire standard handgun rounds and even features an interchangeable barrel so that it can handle different caliber rounds. The 3d printed race car going from zero to 100km/h in just 4 seconds and achieving a top speed of 141km/h on the track. Cutting-edge technologies incorporated into their eco-friendly race car included an electric drive train, bio-composite materials, and of course, Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) on a grand scale with Materialise. cad

Head is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugu4iW4W54 10 to 15 minute ish
    in 1990 they used a 3d printer (loss use of term) and moved atoms to build an IBM Logo. and are use to build quantum computer's Qbits.

unrealistically at this time: It would be nano size and would be stored inside of me and would feature a micro computer that would have the computing power of every human that have ever lived and that will have lived for the next 10 billion years, it would use a neurological interface that would have automatic Cad, cam, and so-on built-in. so that all i would have to do is think about what i want and where i want it and it would do it, and not have a limit to build volume. and would build anything at any scale.

A little more doable 3d printer:
    * it would be Very high speed
    *it would have a build volume of 6feet by 6feet by 6feet.
    *it would use 12 hotends for FMD
    *and would have 12: One foot wide
    inkjet like resin print head, that would print with uv resin and would have the UV lights to cure it as well.
    *it would have 0.01mm layer height for FDM and 0.0002mm for inkjet
    uv resin
    *it would also be able to recycle plastic and make its own FDM filament at a tolerance of 0.001mm diamiter
    *closed loop servo motor system with LDO readouts
    *Auto bed leveling.
    *temperature controlled Bed and build environment.
    *could etch PCBs and some CNC
    *built-in Very hi res 3D scanner
    *have alot of lighting
    *hepa air filtration
    *Triple laser ingraving could be used to fuse metal, glass, ect (print in metal and glass)
    *Some way that would release the print from the build platform with a push of a button!
    *dehumidifier filament supply rack and storage.
    *also capible of printing in metal, ceramic, glass, food products like multiple frosting.
    *keep acumlitive track of how much material i have used and how much is left! with multible trip counts like in a car
    *capible of avoiding head colishions.
    *cameras and lots of sensors

*edit*
    Idk if I have to say this or not but... I agree to the RULES & GUIDELINES
    And I liked you on Facebook.

Thank you for this giveaway.
    Thanks,
    Last edited by badscr; 11-01-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add some stuff like facebook and agree to RULES & GUIDELINESRULES & GUIDELINES

Printing of a house in china, so exciting to see 3D printing being used in the manufacturing buildings. Massive potential for low cost housing.

Most of my design work is in injection moulded plastic, therefore it would be able to produce plastic parts with identical properties to a moulded part. Also with the capability to 'over mould' parts in rubber (already possible but not good enough material properties).

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology? Toys for the blind called Fittle that have parts with different connectors, there are as many parts as the name of the toy (fish = 4 parts) and when put together there is a braille letter on each part that ultimately spells the word (F-I-S-H). Files are available so you can 3D print the toys yourself.
    Easy enough for a child to use (oh wait - they probably can already!) so they could create last minute gifts for those birthday parties they forgot to tell their parents about! Also large enough to build simple furniture or even simple houses with common materials like cement or shredded paper. Maybe build simple products while camping or on a trip and then be able to melt it all down and take it away.

Hey, I'm game!

Q: What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

A: Well, before having visited the site that led me to this forum, I would have spoken of the 3D Eiffel Tower that I saw at a recent prototyping show; the fine details on the railings of a 6-in model were fascinating. However, then I saw the article about Solid Concepts metal 3d 1911, "Reason." That weapon is the Gutenberg Bible of the Second Amendment.

Q: If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

Not being too versed in the topic, as yet, my dream 3d printer would be something that could selectively print, not only in plastic and metal, but in organic materials, too. It would be capable of printing body parts out of a subject's own DNA to replace missing, damaged, weakened or aged limbs and organs. It would have the capability of printing externally directly to the affected area - for example, printing a hand directly onto the wrist, obviating surgery.

Student
    Printed internal gears/ complicated internal parts that would not be possible without additive manufacturing. Printing things like prosthetics and accessories is undoubtly awesome, but I feel that 3D printing is best utilized for creating designs deemed previously impossible.

Multi-axis print head(s) with multi material support(therefore different printing technologies), array of paint sprays, actively managed temperature controls, standard "faxing" capablities, smartphone app to go with. All current printers build from bottom up, which is expected, but now with 3D printers being tested in zero G, I believe there can be multi-axis printing. As with paper printers, color printing > b&w. Printing in different colored filaments are a given, but having a paint system paired with it can have its benefits.

I am a complete beginner. My only exposure to 3d printing is what I have seen and read on the internet. Sorry nothing exciting here. I am looking to get a new low end printer just to get started.

I really don't know what to ask for or the proper terminology. But it would be nice to be able to print with metal as well as plastic. Maybe some way to add colors as it prints, so that you don't have to have different color filaments.

Jeff Chambliss
    www.stickertalk.com

Student

I am in the research and feel this out stage. Can I do something cool enough to make it worth my time and effort (I'm heavily leaning toward yes)

Run multiple filaments (being able to incorporate PLA/ABS with flex) . Incorporate components while printing (print an LED into the model). print wiring in model

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast