Close

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    any sort of medical application. creating new bones or using stem cells as the "fillament"

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    instead of plastic fillament you would simply add the basic elements of the periodic table and 3d print new types of molecules

Spydaonair

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology? I have built my own structure to support cakes I bake and decorate - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild! one that could switch between, paste extrusion, CNC, Laser cutting and normal extrusion.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I think it's amazing that they 3d print houses and car bodies in one go with massive printers. .

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    If I leet my imagination run wild and have a possibility of building an amazing All in one 3d printer. I would build such a printer that it could print circuit boards, elements for the curcuit board, and the housing all in one go. Imagine printing your own raspberry pi in a housing for your projects.

Artificial body parts and affordable montage houses
    It would run on hemp products and it would be more affordable and nature-friendly - no plastics!

Add bford903 on Facebook
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    medical applications, nano-scale printing

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? The Replicator from Star Trek of course, but a more realistic idea....
    DMLS/DLP/FFF/CNC
    Accurate to 1 atom
    Prints in any material (wood, metal, plastic, fabric, wax, carbon fiber, crystal)
    Portable
    Could it make coffee as well? Asking too much?

Awesome contest!
    Here are my answers:

1. Q: The most interesting thing I've seen done with a 3D printers?
    A: The body of intricate insect like robots.
    2. Q: What would my dream 3D printer do?
    A: Print the bodywork and electronics for robots and other gadgets.
    And I mean print everything together in one go, so when the printing is finished, you have a working robot part.

The most interesting thing I have seen done with 3D printing technology is 3d printing furniture, because I never had the skills of a carpenter, but 3D printing gives me the ability to create it.

My dream 3D printer would include automatic interchangeable nozzles of various diameters that could change mid-print.. I want to print with very small and very large diameters in one object

The printing of scafolding for the growth of tissue replacement including biodegradable metal used for printing scaffolding for bone growth.

Something really big that would tunnel into the ground and print a tunnel around itself as it burrows and expels the fill to the rear.
    A printer that can print with multiple materials including conductive materials to make devices with the wiring printed into the devices walls.

LenyNero

When I created a prototype for a client and got to put together all sorts of amazing tech for the first time (such as Arduino, modules, 3D printed parts) it didn't just put a smile on my face but made all the people who saw it light up with amazement. That is what 3D printers are all about. The potential for creation.

If I could have a 3D printer that printed PCBs into a normal print so that you could program a prototype once printed into the part I designed - that would be amazing!

MY ENTRY:

1. It is amazing to me how in such a short period of time 3d printing has become so relevant in almost every field that there is. Just as the microwave oven changed the way we cook and heat food and liquids so to will the 3d printer revolutionize the way we live. I am very interested in space and space exploration. With Spacex delivering the first 3d printer to ISS it is going to be very interesting to see how nasa can benefit from this tech. Being able to print replacement parts or design new structures in orbit is an amazing thought. Also the talks of possibly 3d printing habitats for future human explorers on the moon or even mars is very cool. 3d printing is here to stay. Now I just need to get one of my own lol.

2. If I could design my own 3d printer I would like it to have a building area large enough to print something the size of a helmet. Ok yes I want to print an iron man mask and storm trooper helmet in one piece. I also would like a simple ventilation system. Maybe something that could be added if working with abs. It would be nice to be able to have a plexi hood around the printer with a small blower with 4-5" tubing that could be routed out a window. That would make the wife happy. I'm an electronics geek. I would love to see someone have a glass build platform that would detect the size and shape of the object being printed and illuminate the object from underneath with bright colored leds. So your part would glow as it is being printed. This wouldn't serve any practical purpose but to look freaking awesome.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast