Close

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    What originally got me hooked on 3d printing was a little tiny starcraft figure on etsy with the tagline "3d printed!" on it. I knew right then that I would get a 3d printer some day, and that I'd make so many amazing videogame related items that I would eventually have no room for them
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    *a WORKING dual extruder
    *self leveling bed
    *3d printing w/easy detatch support system
    *3d scanner
    *LARGE print bed (20inx20inx20in (because why not))

Student
    Follow moke1180 On Twitter Add moke1180 on Facebook
    Question 1
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I have seen done with a 3D printer is creating nanotechnology. Nanotechnology has so many uses that are undiscovered and being able to 3D print them make the industry speed up quickly and allow new creations to be made. This could revolutionize alot of things

Question 2

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    If I could build my dream 3D printer, it would be a printer that could print another printer. This would allow 3D printing to expand quickly in the consumer market. I would also want my friends that don't know much about 3D printer to be able to have one of their own without putting out hundreds of dollars.

Thanks

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I think it would be a prosthetic hand. Used to pop off the arms and hands of my GI Joes, He Man and Star Wars action figures when I was a kid. Amazing to think we could see a day where you could replace an appendage like an accessory.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

To be honest guys, I'd just like one that I could print some pretty cool stuff. I'd like for it to be large enough where I could print instruments that we could play in the music class. We could design jewelry and toys in art. Accessories and props for the theater department. Really, I'm interested to see what the kids come up with and watch their imaginations run wild.

It's really exciting to think about.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

It would definitely be Neri Oxman’s work that explores nature’s organic forms. There is a remarkable amount of detail that is captured in her multi-material 3d prints that is so mesmerizing. By studying her works, you begin to understand the intricate relationships that exist in organisms.

It would include a scanner and be able to extrude composite materials of different transparencies, flexibilities, and strengths. This would allow for greater possibilities for product design and prototyping, making it easy to modify designs. It would also have a built-in camera to record the whole process of 3d printing!

Student

Extremely light, but strong aluminium structures and printed fuel cells. 3D printing opens a world of new possibiities in technology.

I would build a 3D printer that can print both plastic and metal or conducting materials. It would be great to print your own electrical motors and circuits. Maybe caeramics too.

Student
    Follow sharon On Twitter Add sharon on Facebook Add sharon on Google+
    1.- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

As a medical engineer with a training of a mech. eng. I have created multiple medical device prototypes using 3D printing tech. specifically with SLS and photo-polymers.
    I have recently designed & manufactured a 3D printed casting mold to recreate the human female uterus for lab experiments.
    One of the more complex tasks I encountered was 3D scanning an organ in order to 3D print it a custom size interface. The organ had to have a lab jig created (also 3D printed) in order to keep it in place with its natural ligament orientation.

I would create an industrial size robotic arm (similar to car manufacturing lines) with a real-time adjustable diameter size nozzle to run from 0.3mm to 10mm.
    This way I could 3D print the core of very large objects which require low resolution, and change to lower nozzle size on features marked as important detail surfaces.
    Furthermore, I would like to have an open source 3D printer where I can control the temp. setting and speed to experiment with new organic materials as 3D print filament (while using the 3D printer to create the mold in which I'll cast the raw organic material to turn it into a 3mm diameter filament string.

Thanks for reading!
    Sharon

I am more a fan of the tech used in printing then what you can print with it. I love Delta printers and I just read an article about Aluminium printing, what I really loved was the way they built the delta. Instead of the head moving on the plate, they decided to move the entire plate and have the printing head static.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    So right now I am building my dream printer. I call it Ikea-one. The base is an old Ikea TV stand, then two laserprinters, the X shaft from an OKI printer... Some lego and lot's of tierips. The only thing that would make this printer even better if all the axis, rods, and bed would self level by the push of a button.

1.The most interesting thing I have seen printed on a 3D printer is the Robo Hand/Mechanical Hand. This is a great design and had a great purposed, and it an inexpensive way to make this important product available all around the world. From what I have read it had made a large improvement for young kids.

2. If I could build a 3d printer it would have and be able to do the following: 2 extruders, headed build plate, closed / heated chamber, at least an 8x11 build area, out of filament sensor, lost power save mode. It would be able to print with multiple types of filament as well.

What scientists are doing with 3D bioprinting is pretty amazing to me! "3D bioprinting is the process of generating spatially-controlled cell patterns using 3D printing technologies, where cell function and viability are preserved within the printed construct."

I think all of us would like a dream 3D printer to work just like a Star-Trek replicator, capable of printing from a feedstock of raw atomic material into nearly anything imaginable. I suppose the closest real-world version would be a 3D printer that had multiple heads, with the head and filaments sized in the nano-meter range and was capable of printing from filaments of nearly any solid material.

I have seen close up a commercial metal 3d printer. I love how it lays a thin layer of metallic powder then the laser melts it so it adheres to the previous. As far as I have seen they create very high quality prints, and have a smooth finish.

Wow so many possibilities. I would make it a 25 micron resolution, and have wifi, app and camera capabilities. With the interchangeable extruder you can have a soldering iron, engraver, laser, and pen tip. This allows you to use it in so many ways, but I wouldn't but this, because there is a 99% chance I would not be able to afford it.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast