Close

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Red face 2Qs

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Everything, since I first noticed how printers made things from nothing I was amazed, but the technology was something beyond affordable
    and even more so when I was a kid. I am always amazed in every print its like some sort of magic occurs. The technology itself is reaching better heights not
    just from printing organic material or helping people's lives medically but also that it has even been able to print out houses in record time. From something so
    small as a pin to something as big as a house or airplane. Its amazing and the new stuff people come up with like more extruders, smarter computations and
    software plus many other features each year make so many more creative combinations. The way printing technology is evolving now makes it evermore interesting
    how it changes the way of human thinking-including myself!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

It would include wheels and an engine-much like a car or industrial machines like bulldozers, forklifts etc to drive the printer around a flat surface so the limit would be the height, and multiple extruders including
    extruders of different sizes to speed up the interiors more efficiently. If it had some kind of limit definitely equip a pin point GPS system so if you needed to build a building a certain dimension
    you need only place trackers on four corners so the printer would automatically start driving and printing itself. It would auto-shutoff when it would need to refill on the materials
    and come equipped with an alert system for a job on pause(refill) and a job completed straight to your PC/Phone. Like the new cars coming out it would have collision detectors and cameras.
    I'd imagine it with multiple "smart" arms with extruders, fans, and pincers for a much better print outcome.
    If the 1st floor is done it can build separated stairs and head on to make the next floor. The neat thing about printing these buildings is that you wouldn't have to spend so much more
    money on some uniquely shaped design! Another idea is to have a complete all in one system. Full color, scanner and recycling equipped printer would be amazing! Now add some rails
    and modular printing to cut printing time into fractions of time! Plus even add varied extruder sizes for even faster results! If it had a storage and online access we could print them online and watch
    through a small camera how the print is coming out. Maybe even have a self project remover so it can start printing without the need for a person to actually have to be there.
    Last edited by Decadia; 09-28-2014 at 04:43 AM.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The local motors car body - full sized car body made with carbon fibre reinforced filament

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    It would have a print head could seamlessly blend between stiff and flexible material allowing for the print sections to be a stiff or as rigid as you want and can vary throughout the print as desired

Add Marm on Thingiverse

Seeing a trachea printed for a 3 year old girl so she could breathe and talk again.

I'm a RC sailor, I would love to see a printer do full sized racing hulls, 3-4m in length.

A medical skull replacement!

Multiple heads;
    Metal printing;
    An attached CNC mill (subtractive manufacturing) to make holes and finishing.

The most interesting thing I've seen done is probably the various iterations of the Robohand and making it open source to assist people who cannot afford prosthetic limbs. With the latest version of the raptor and sites like enablingthefuture.org, we can see how 3D printing can have a huge and meaningful impact on the lives of people all around the world. And how a maker with their own printer can make a difference in peoples' lives. And have a lot of fun doing it.

What I would like to see is a 3D printer that has a very large build envelope (think 6'X6'X6'), can use almost any material while being able to keep incredibly tight tolerances and use software that is appropriate for both a hobbyist and a serious maker. And be cheap enough that the average person could afford it. Oh the things we could make with one of those.

Add Print_Bigger on Thingiverse
    That's a tough one because there are several areas of 3D printing that I'm amazed by right now, but my top pick would have to be the NanoOPS 3D printer which is capable of making nanoscale electrical components. I can't even imagine the new types of electronics that can be produced using this technology, from wearables unlike anything we've seen, to nano-sized robots will become possible.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do?
    My dream printer would be a combination of the new 5AxisMaxer multi-fabricator, and the ZMorph modular multi-function 3D printer. I would ideally want to have multiple all metal hot-ends and one or more paste extruders on the main print-head also, in order to do complex multi-material prints. The idea of being able to make a knee or elbow pad with a soft pad, and hard exterior, all in one print at home would be awesome!

Those are my $.02. =]

Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    I am constantly amazed at the advances in the medical field utilizing 3D printers, specifically the work done in organ printing, ie printing a "hospitable environment" to allow cells to reproduce and grow. Currently I know small livers have been printed and other organs are in the works. It is an amazing world we live in.

Right now, I am really wanting a metal printer, My current dream printer would print metal in some fashion, and be extremely fast, I am talking Star trek replicator fast. It would also be capable of printing a variety of types of metal.

-What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Well, the thing that has me inspired at the moment is Local Motors 3D printed Strati car.

I'm definitely looking forward to a high speed, large scale metal printer. Ideally it would be able to vary the density and structure of the metal to add strength in high load areas and reduce weight in low load areas. The build volume would be at least 3 meters x 3 meters x 5 meters so you could print an entire frame in one piece (I work in the construction equipment manufacturing industry).

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

certainly the Dexmo 3d printed motion capture device for your hand. that is going to bring a whole lot of change to the field of VR and real-world control systems.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

The matter replicator from star trek! print whatever I need to survive!

Student
    Follow Pmbtruckin On Twitter Add Pmbtruckin on Facebook
    Question1: I'm still new at this whole 3d world, my wife has been showing me Alittle bit here and there. So I don't know what all could be made with 3d printers and 3d technology. I have seen some hats, and a couple of tools. So I would have to say the most interesting thing I seen is tools of course.

question 2: I would have a 3d printer like on Star Trek that could make anything you could thing of.

thank you for the chance to learn more about 3d printing and the chance to win a 3d printer

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast