Close

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Medical uses - aiding in creating organ replacement

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

Enough build size to print bottle design prototypes for review - at least 18" tall, wide range of materials including transparent and food safe, remote controlled by iPads/iPhone/laptops with live video feed. Easily dissolved support structures, compatible with most file types.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I have seen some cool Pokemon figures in Low-Poly-Style. Nothing really innovative, but I really liked the style. If I had a 3D printer, I would also print things like these. Its inspiration to me!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    A really cool 3D printer would be one, that has only water as printing material. It has to be cold inside of the printer, so you could print your own ice sculptures! OK, after googleing that, I see, that I'm not he first one with this idea. But anyway, the idea is not bad!

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I have seen printed was at the 3d printing expo, I forget what company did it but they 3d printed a cylinder head. The reason that this was so interesting to me was that the 3d printed example allowed for a specific wall thickness on the part for strength, while leaving hollow spaces with supports for areas that didn't need much support. As a mechanic I can appreciate that in the future auto manufacturers could adopt this technology and create lighter materials that would ease in the removal and replacement of these parts. Another benefit is that less weight means better performance!
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    A 3d printer that could print metal as well as abs plastic while still being affordable to a consumer (sub 5000$) would be incredible! Another awesome feature would be an easy to use on board 3d scanning feature, this would help to reproduce parts that are no longer available quickly.

I think the most wonderful thing I've seen done with a 3D printer is creating prosthetic devices for children in Sudan. This Project Daniel/Not Impossible video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYFMgrjeLg) was shown at a teaching/education workshop I attended. In the story 3D printing is used to help a boy in Sudan who has had both arm amputated as a result of the war. Once he learns to use his 3D printed prosthetic arm, he uses the printer to print arms for other people, and the whole neighborhood begins to benefit. Sometimes 3D printing applications can seem far off/futuristic. This was a real life, actual application that took advantage of the fact that 3D printers can print customized sizes and shapes for fast turn around and trouble shooting for low cost.

If I could build my dream 3D printer it would be specially equipped for bioprinting cells and living tissues. It would have humidity control, temperature control, and it could be programed to be 'self sterilizing' after each print/print job. Almost like a 3D printing glove box or biological safety cabinet. To be self sterilizing and withstand the humidity the electronics might have to be specially compartmentalized. It would be the ultimate multi-material printer, capable of: fused deposition filament modeling-type printing with carbohydrate glass; extrusion printing with hydrogels; and a compartmentalized bath and laser steriolithography function. It would be used to make tissue engineered living replacements/prosthetics.

While I've been interested in 3D printing from the first time I was introduced to it a few years ago, I haven't followed it's progress much, not having the resources to invest in this technology. However, the reason I'm here is because of reading an article on 3D printing of graphine and batteries. I would think this capability will generate an explosion of ideas as circuits and power could be printed within the confines of any design.

http://3dprint.com/19554/daniel-stolyarov-ceo-graphene/

Again, not having access to a 3D printor or knowledge of current state of the art, I don't even know what is currently possible. Having read all the previous posts, I'd have to say pretty much everything has already been dreamed of. The only capability I haven't seen mention is the ability to print glass or transparent materials as well as embedded circuits and electronic components. Oh, one other thing, a Sketchup interface to import 3D model data to utilize the millions of world wide models as represented in the Sketchup 3D warehouse. Perhaps a 3D printing "warehouse" too, where people can share the files.

An Iron Man Cosplay for the full body with built in LEDs and more.

My dream 3D Printer can print in multiple colours, print fast and maybe also can change tools to a CNC Machine or somethign like this. And all that at an afordable price so everyone can invent new things at home and try them!

A moving complete turbine engine
    A delta style printer with its own filament extruder switchable to a freehand stylus

Talking My entry

A 3D figure of a person after taking photos of him.
    It would include a touch screen to be able to access photos from a USB device or even an external Hard Drive.

Planes and helicopters are the most interesting things done with 3D printing technology.

It would be able to print bigger things. It would also be able to recycle used filament.

Few of the really fascinated things I ever see created by the 3D printing technology are,

1) Real buildings: The building made by a quick setting concrete in no time. The great use of this technology would be at the times of relief operations during natural calamities like cyclone, flood, earthquake etc. for building reliable shelters in quick time.

2) Artificial Limbs: Scan the other limb, mirror, print. Most accurate replica, cheap and fast. It would help the unfortunate persons who have lost a limb in an accident, but it would help the most to the children and people of war torn areas.

3) Cake icing and decoration: Now 3D designing and decorating cakes with icing and chocolate would not involve pains taking human labour and time. The most interesting thing I have seen is chocolate replica of bride and groom on a wedding cake.

1) I would like to add the 4th dimension by moving or turning or revolving the build plate. I think it would help create some interesting artistic designs, particularly in pottery and designed foods.
    2) I would like to invent types of food or edible filaments that can be used as easily as PLA or ABS for decorating cakes, ice creams and candy.
    3) I would like to add surface finishing features to the 3D printer with options like, smooth, shiny, matt, etc.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast