Close

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    My entry:

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I really like Theo Jansens Strand Beest, it is printed as an assembly and works!! We even hooked up a small electric motor to makes ours walk by iteslf!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    I would want to build a multi-color SLS printer with the same robust Nylon material, that could vary color through out the build.

Thank you for the great contest!

[QUOTE]- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?/QUOTE]

3d printed prosthetics for sure! Amazing low-cost solution for many people!

[QUOTE]- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!/QUOTE]

True full color FFF printing. That would be amazing.

Follow Mike from Hillside On Twitter Add Mike from Hillside on Thingiverse

Smile My Entry in the Contest

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Having spent the last 20 years manufacturing Medical Instruments and Implants, I find the development of 3D Printing (where it improves the quality of life) to be the most interesting items printed.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    My conceptual printer would have a built in computer with self diagnosing and printing boilerplates, multiple extruders, auto-leveling capabilities and silent cooling fans ()

Thanks

Mike from Hillside

Student
    Follow Grish On Twitter
    The one thing that really caught my attention a while ago was the "Makerbot and Robohand | 3D Printing Mechanical Hands" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT3772yhr0o . The implications was quit mindblowing: Medical items - tailor made prosthetics, printed homes in concrete, lunar constructions, architect models, educational toys and on and on and on...

I would definatly have to say multiple materials in one printer. Plastic of different kinds, metal, wood and glass - the more the better. The thought of creating a printed item with integrated wires for electronics (using arduino to controll it afterwards ofc ) pushes the thought of what is possible, and practical. The printer should also be equiped with a "painter" so you could design the outward appearance. Another cool function would be a rotating platform that you could adjust midprint - and also use that same platform to scan 3dobjects.

Student
    Objects that you can't build (or at least easily build) by other means - because of their built in gears etc. like emmett's heart gears.
    Something at an affordable price for home use with affordable interchangeable and upgradeable accessories - a color 3D printer also with options to print fun things like chocolate too. With upgrade options for metal and other exotic materials. Also, being able to print mini-robots with embedded circuitry, something demonstrated in research labs with origami robots.

the most interesting thins I've seen is the human organ testing being done, alot of people can be helped this way

would love to be able to print a fully functional project, in full color - and super fast

Add GameProps on Facebook Add GameProps on Thingiverse
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

The most interesting thing I have seen done with a printer was one that printed food. Of course it had to be cooked afterwards but it brings to mind the replicator from Star Trek.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

If I had my dream printer, for starters it would be a dream just to have one. I have been designing files for them for a couple of years now. Being broke doesn't help. But as for a general dream 3D printer, would have to be a 6'x6'x6' cubed 3D printer, of course with something like that most of the possibilities are endless for me at least. Now as for the type of material it would use I would have to have FDM, it's more affordable and even though it takes a lot of time to print a large object it's worth it in the end.

Definitely 3D printing using human cells to print blood vessels, and other body parts.
    As an amputee myself I hope for a day when missing parts and damaged or failing organs can simply be printed and attached without the issue of rejection!
    I would build an FDM printer with a large enough build area as to print auto body panels, furniture, and whatever else that uses recycled plastics.
    And for models and anything with lots of detail I would build a dual 1080p DLP SLA printer.

Production of repair parts in-situ for the ISS

It would definitely include some heavy automation allowing for lights-out operation, 100% remote operation and automatic material changes

My Entry

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology? The most interesting thing I've seen so far was an artificial limb for a dog that lost two legs. What I've also seen was a printed kidney, although I'm not sure if it worked in the end. - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild! My dream printer would have the size of about a water bottle so I could take it everywhere I need it. It would also mix all kinds of colours and use materials like steel, copper, plastic or rubber. Usefull features it would include are for excample a scanner, an engraver and a unit for welding.
    Last edited by allXages; 11-12-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast