Close

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    It's got to be the prosthetic limbs. I think it's awesome 3D-printers can give people the ability to hold items and even walk at a fraction of the cost of other techniques.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    It would be able to print in EVERY color and material at a reasonable speed.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    It would have to be a tie between the new design for rocket nozzles and shapes or the 3d printed circuit boards (which sadly died off.). The rocketry is amazing because it can make for more fuel efficiency. While the circuit boards is more for my hopes for robotic exoplanet exploration.
    - If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    it would have to be able to print in zero gravity for starters which is hard enough for anything but FDM. But the. I would have other needs like the ability to sterilize the printing material while also being able to make complex parts and possible circuit boards. It would be based in a mars or Jupiter orbiter and used to explore the surface of mars or gases in Jupiter by building robot.

The most interesting thing i have seen done with 3d printing and 3d printing technology is the capabilities to prototype and create new products ranging from toys to sunglasses to 3d printers themselves.

if i could build my dream printer it would be ale to print on a microscopic level. it would be able to print layers so thin that the layers are never physically visible. It would have multiple extruders and anyone one of them can be interchanged with the click of a button. For example if you have the desire to frost a cake, you could switch it out for a cake design extruder and just "Print" your design on the cake. i would make it functional as a cmc machine just by switching out the extruder and be able to work as a resin printer as well as the usual way.

Q: What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    A: I think NASAs development of metal printing that starts with one metal or alloy and grades into another metal or alloy is probably the most interesting. Though I'm keen to see the patents that have been filed for 3D printing graphene.

Q: If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do?
    A: My dream printer would use tuneable lasers to sinter any material. It would also be capable of laser cutting and have a built in scanner. It would be able to sinter different materials in one build. It would also be able to atomize my trash to use it as the feedstock. I mean, this is a dream right

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    robohand was the first 3dprinter project that i saw on the net.i was amazed of what possibilities a 3d printer could explore.open source is to me is the way to go with this technology. the bio parts are worth the energy and time to refine to make it a reality,not having to wait for a donor lung, kidney, liver, heart and body parts that function awsome !!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!printer that would have a varible build platform to make various size objects . an expansion of the types of material that you can make objects out of.ie carbon fiber as an example .the speed of the print would be very benefical to 3d printing so i would say a much faster 3d printer

Hello,

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Implants for people who need it, it is amazing how technology advances, and see something actually serves not only to do things, but also to save lives.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    This one is easier, I'd build a machine with a perfect resolution of 1 micron per axis (X, Y and Z), but also the it could print in a lot of types of materials like plastic, and also food (chocolate the most) :P

Kind regards.

Student
    Add corben33 on Thingiverse
    The most interesting thing that I have done with a 3D printer is I had my students design, print and race CO2 cars. Seeing my students get excited about learning through this new technology has truly been amazing. This website actually did a story on this project and here is the link:
    http://3dprint.com/4230/3d-printed-co2-car-race/

My dream printer would be portable and telescopic so it could be taken anywhere and then brought out in seconds! It would also be able to print and lay flooring tile because this has become a nightmare for me while renovating my house.

Definitely NASA 3D printing rocket engine parts. Corporations, homes, research institutes, 3-D printing is everywhere.
    Multiple heads with different resolutions. This would increase the print time while preserving the resolution of a print.

my entry (let the random number gods be on my side)

-What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

On the line of 3d printers themselves, I think that the entire line of objet 3d printers are as close as we have gotten to a star-trek replicators. They can print in many different materials and colors in the same print, and even blend material characteristics to create entirely new compounds.

In the area of actual 3d printed "things", 3d printed surgical replacements and prosthetics seem to be the killer app (no pun intended
    ) of 3d printing. It seems that every time i look on this website, I see another story about some child who is able to live normally thanks to a 3d printed prosthetic arm, or life saving surgeries done using 3d printed models to plan them out.

I would build a 3d printer that could use special inkjet cartridges to print resins that have metal or plastic powderders imbedded in them, and heat up solid plastics or metals into liquid form to be printed like standard resins. The powdered metal/resin combo could be fired in a kiln to remove the resin, making a solid metal part with minimal dangers. It could also print dyes with liquified white plastic of any kind to make full-color parts.
    Last edited by jimmydave; 10-25-2014 at 12:20 AM. Reason: forgot the other half :)

I've seen some printed ukuleles that interests me a lot since I love the ukulele and used to build a lot of them.

Would definitely want to see some very large and portable printers, I think of the easy up tent canopies and imagine how cool it would be to print something like a go kart frame in my garage.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast