Close

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I'm always amazed when something prints with hinges or other functionality built in. Just recently, I printed a 5 layer gyroscope that blew my mind!

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    In addition to heated bed and dual extrusion, it would be a printer that could print on more than one bed - either assembly-line style with one bed with finished print rolling out of the way, replaced by new bed rolling in OR have the printer head/arm itself swivel around from a finished print/bed to a new one waiting to get started.

Hello everyone!
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I've seen done with a 3d printer was printing a working saxophone. I personally play the saxophone, so to see that I might be able to print one for myself in the future was eyeopening.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    If I could build my dream 3D printer, it would print at speeds of a 2d printer. At this moment in time, 3d printing is something that takes time. If we could get products like the same speed as a regular printer we would have Industrial Revolution #2. It will also have the accuracy of a nice SLS. Finally it will have no restricted build area. It could print how big or small it wanted to.
    -Razer0901

Hi, for my entry....

I think the most interesting thing I've seen is the reproduction of the Samus Aran, Metroid Prime 3 3d printed costume. Very impressively created. Personnally I'd like a Stormtrooper outfit to the same quality.

Lots of typical things for this one. It would need to be inexpensive, be able to print in multicolour (RGB would be amazing) and also switchable to other materials, relatively quick (although that's not so important), have a large volume print area without taking too much rooom, integrated 3D colour scanner to be able to reproduce physical objects very easily like a photocopier, very high resolution requiring little or no finishing and for me to have one. Also, the cost of the print materials should be inexpensive too. One can dream....

Here's hoping I'm lucky...

Greg

Student

Entry

Prosthetic limbs that can grab things. open casts for broken bones, etc...

print in metal, glass. Have a recycle function built in that washes(cleans), grinds object into plastic and then worm it into filament. that way you could use plastic bottles, scrap flashing from 3d prints, and failed prototypes.

Building houses.

It would be a drone that could print literally infinite size.

Student
    Follow theP13RC3 On Twitter Add theP13RC3 on Thingiverse
    I'm so excited about this forum! And the contest of course... As for my personal experiences:

Probably the most interesting thing I've seen done with 3D printing was a semi-automated Direct Metal Printing (DMP) manufacturing line at my last employer. What was coolest about it was the fact that they printed assembly parts that used to take over 50 hours to make conventionally in less than half the time! I could tell you what parts they made, but then I'd have to... Well, you know

The most interesting thing I've ever been involved with personally would be making prosthetic limbs! The team at my company have been working with the creator of the cyborg beast for the past few months, and it's been one of the coolest, most rewarding work experiences I've had!

My dream printer would be ultra-high resolution, like the quality you'd see from a high-end SLA or jetting machine, but without the issues of having messy resin, tank recoating, etc. It'd be extra nice if it could print in true engineering plastics like FDM printers too, like ABS, Nylon and polycarbonate! One other thing that's always bugged me about the FDM printer's I've is BACKLASH!!! If I could, I'd make a printer without backlash on ANY axis, that way its accuracy could be limited only by the step size of the motors! (On that note, I plan on attempting a design for a backlash-free printer fairly soon...)

Best of luck everybody!

-James

My Entry

- Whatis the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3Dprinting technology?

Mydaughter and I had the opportunity to visit the most recent MakerFaire in NYC.We witnessed numerous printers using a variety of materials. The printer thatreally caught our attention was the 3D printer that used chocolate as themedium. I believe the printer was so fascinating to me because in my mind 3Dprinting is a manufacturing process and this printer brought the process intothe kitchen where the designer could literally consume the finished product.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and whatwould it do? Let your imagination run wild!

Mydream printer would be an inexpensive, large scale printer that printed using alightweight, easily recyclable material. This print medium would be anon-toxic, environmentally safe, and sand able material (think green foam). Thismaterial could also be thrown into a hopper to be directly used by the printerover and over again. My students could design and print large scale prototypesof projects including furniture, mechanical devices, and structures.

the most interesting thing i have seen would be the prostetics. everything from working hands/limbs to front legs for a dog with a groth problem. the posiblites are endless!!!

my dream printer would be a large printer 24" square build plate and beable to print 3+ different fillaments at a time.
    it would be awesome to print large objects with flexab'e hinges and and large multi colored vases for the gf

Student
    What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    For me, the most interesting thing that have happened the with the printing technology is the e-nabling org, the one who gives out free "cyborg beast" or the other version of robotics hands for the less fortunate, special or handicapped ones. this has been a game changer with regards to social implications and prosthetics, making in widely available and cheaper to produce and simple mechanical operation compared to a expensive and complicated one. I'd like it to happen in my country.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

If i could build my own printer, it would be a bigger build and faster feeding machine with multiple color and material choices for variety. If possible I would incorporate it like a drum type like mechanism to change the extruder head like in a cnc machine tool changer.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I have seen is 3D printing with edible medium (sugar and chocolate at ITEEA76 and A MakerFaire, respectively).

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    It would print with multiple extruder heads and those heads would be 'changeable', the capacity to use various print media, and it would include an unlimited supply of filaments. And it would have to be accessible and affordable and recyclable.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast