Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "…but you may need to preheat the nozzle before trying to remove it". You're right it's not always required, but I offered a suggestion in case you ran into problems.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    nope was a doddle, nozzle unscrewed, got unblocked I fed some filament through, removed it. screwed unblocked nozzle back on.
    Job done.

Why mess about with hot metal parts if you don't have to ?
    I agree, if it worked excellent! I just tried once and like I said, it was seized hard (the printer had done probably 500+ hours by then, so we were well and truly cooked in) and heating was the only thing that allowed it to unscrew freely without sounding like the entire assembly was going to crack in half.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Here's a technique I found for cleaning a nozzle and it works great. I've been using it for a few months without issue. It's really simple and easy to do without torches, wrenches and disassembly. It's great for getting a different color out so you don't get that black or blue spot in your new white print.

http://blog.teambudmen.com/2013/09/s...er-nozzle.html

Edit: Photos of Cleaning

Here are some photos of a cleaning I did today. I had used Black PLA and wanted to switch to White ABS. It took 4 cycles to get it nice and clean. Didn't take long at all and no tools required. You can tell by the exact shape of the interior of the hot end that it got everything out and it's clean as a whistle. I really like this technique because it's visual proof that it's clean. Other methods don't allow you to actually "see inside".

CleanHead.jpg
    Last edited by RobH2; 08-12-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12