Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Major MakerBot Announcement Tomorrow! Nov 12th, 2013

Guys, it looks like MakerBot is about to make a "Major" announcement tomorrow morning. I wonder what it could be. Any guesses?

WHO: MakerBot, the global leader in desktop 3D printing and scanning, is making a major announcement at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, November 12. This announcement impacts education, STEM, technology, manufacturing in America, business and more. The announcement is being supported by MakerBot, America Makes (formerly the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute), DonorsChoose.org and other organizations.
    WHAT: Media are invited to meet with Bre Pettis, CEO of MakerBot, at the MakerBot Store in New York City to learn more.
    Bre Pettis will also be participating in an online Google+ White House Hangout event later in the day to discuss this announcement with the rest of the country on the online program “We the Geeks.”
    WHEN & 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, November 12, 2013
    WHERE: MakerBot Store
    298 Mulberry Street
    New York, NY
    (between Houston & Bleeker Streets)
    CONTACT: Space is limited at the press conference. Please RSVP to Jenifer Howard at:
    Jenifer Howard 203-273-4246
    jenifer.howard@makerbot.com

Guessing Replicator 3 with perhaps scanner included? ^^

Oh, right Makerbots scanner is like 1400 dollars, guessing that printer would be around 3000 dollars due that :P

I would hope they made like a Litho stereography printer, Like 2000 dollars max? so it stays (consumer priced)(Since not alot of people will actualy be ready to pay that much, but you can :P)

Since i doubt you can improve a Extrusion type of printer alot more after speed, noise, resolution, scale.

But ye i am curious ^^

I'm guessing more along the lines of MakerBot 3D Printers in all schools in the US.

Makerbot to make big announcement tomorrow!

I didn't see this posted yet?

MakerBot, the global leader in desktop 3D printing and scanning, is making a major announcement at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, November 12. This announcement impacts education, STEM, technology, manufacturing in America, business and more. The announcement is being supported by MakerBot, America Makes (formerly the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute), DonorsChoose.org and other organizations.

More info here:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mak...k=MW_news_stmp

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I'm looking forward to see what this announcement will be. Can't wait til 10AM!

Student
    I think it was MakerBot Academy.

Yes, it was. I was a Technology teacher for 35 years and would have loved to have a 3D printer to use. However, the length of class periods precludes effective use of this technology unless there were multiple ones available. Once you start a print, it could have to run through several classes (or days?) which renders it unusable by other students.

Technician
    I'd rather see classes get Ardunio kits and learn about hardware, coding and design. This Makerbot announcement is a gimmick. 1 printer per class = 1 kid getting to print their design while the others get to watch. Repeat during the next day.

For the same cost as 1 Makerbot printer, you can get 30 Ardunio kits with 100's of components. http://tinyurl.com/lxlrsv4