I am new to the 3D printing world. everyone recommended an ender 3 so I got one on sale around Christmas. I have had it for about a week and a half now and I cannot get it to run right. The extruder just keeps popping and skipping. I got it to work for a few days for a few small prints getting a successful benchy and a few other things. But it is not at all consistent. it works for a bit then stops. and I haven't been able to get it to print anything in the last 5 days. I just walked away for a day because I just didn't want to anymore.
I have read a lot online about how my print head could be to close to the bed. so I've tried releveling it about 500 times now. I thought it just kept clogging so I take the hot end apart every time it does it and clean it all out and nothing. I Tried doin g a "cold pull" as someone on a forum suggested with no avail. I got a new filament and it ran fine for about half a print and then just went back to its "normal" not working state. I have tried running the hot end at different temps. I honestly have tried just about everything that people have said to try. I imagine there is tons I haven't tried or I simply have to be doing something wrong because this is a brand new printer and I'm not trying to do anything special. I am just trying to print pretty basic PLA items.
I am honestly very frustrated because I know these are good printers just seeing what people have made with them. I just cannot get it to run/run consistently.
So being a car guy at heart the forum gods out there answer all so here I am. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I would love some help from you experienced people out there.
Thank you to anyone that puts there input in here and I appreciate your time.
Also since it is that time of the year... MERRY CHRISTMAS