Close

Help setting up Creality Ender 3 Pro first print

Hello,
    I finally received and set up my Ender 3 Pro this week only to have problems with what seems to be under extrusion (?) The attached pictures are of a 20 mm calibration cube that I have been trying to print with little success. I have used both cura and the creality slicer that comes with the printer to similar results with a layer height of .16. I have adjusted the line width +/- 20% in both directions, increased flow rate up to 120% and still not having good results. The bed has been leveled to the best of my beginner ability and everything seems to be working mechanically as far as I can tell and I am at a bit of a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I am going to start suggesting the all users start using Prusaslicer this is one of the best free slicers I have Yet to use.

After downloading this slicer you can Select Configuration > Other Vendors > Creality FFF

Ender 3.jpg

After you load the Printer Configuration you can also select the Filament you are using or something close.
    Then try to slice the Calibration Cube again and see if this slicer prints better.

Post your results include the Saved Calibration Cube.3MF file then we can load and see exactly what you did.

Thank you for the help. I downloaded prusaslicer and sliced the cube this morning. I didn't change any of the basic settings just to have a clean starting point. The cube is printing on my Ender 3 and I will post the final print and the .3mf file after I get home from work. However I did pause the print before I left and took a quick glance and the wall layers do not look like they are close enough together to bond... not sure if this would be a slicer problem or under extrusion or something else entirely.

Roberts_Clif Thank you so much for your help. The print ended up not working out but ruling out slicer made me calibrate the extruder steps. That was off by A LOT from the factory (only feeding 55 mm when told to feed 100). I recalibrated and sent the file to print again and the cube came out great! The prusa slicer software is nice and thank you for letting me know about that.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    You are Most Welcome.

With this slicer I can configure for an almost impossible Print then Post the 3MF file and users only have to do is slice and print.
    There may be some that will have to change the configuration a little but most should be able to print with the saved 3MF file as is.

As I stated if they post the 3MF file everyone can see Prusaslicers configuration with no questions, this should greatly help resolve Print/Slicing problems.