Close

3D printing question

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and just wondered that is there a limitation to what shapes I can 3D print? And which brand I should choose when I buy 3d printer?Thx for any suggestions!

As far as I know, anything can be "printed" on a 3D printer. As for the best printer, it depends on your budget. For example, if you need a printer under $500 then the Creality Ender 3 S1 is the best choice, if you need a printer under $1000 then the Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ is a great choice.

Student
    Prusa i3 is the cheapest 3D printer, but the prints aren’t perfect (you can use it for simple things). If you want accuracy, you can try Ultimaker. If you want to print with ABS – you should choose UP! 3D printer (more expensive). If you want to print with other materials or very large objects – you should check Afinia H-series.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderHenry View Post
    Prusa i3 is the cheapest 3D printer, but the prints aren’t perfect (you can use it for simple things). If you want accuracy, you can try Ultimaker. If you want to print with ABS – you should choose UP! 3D printer (more expensive). If you want to print with other materials or very large objects – you should check Afinia H-series.
    lol. I thought that Prusa printers are premium pick. Creality3D makes the best printers due to price-quality ratio(reviewed here). And you can print everything you want nowadays
    Last edited by FrankyMC; 04-17-2022 at 09:46 PM.

One of the major advantages of 3D printing is that it is capable of creating objects of exotic and complex shapes, with more accuracy and better surface finish than other technologies. 3D printing technology can fabricate custom designed parts, which are specially designed for a particular application, reducing costs, improving efficiency and saving time. For instance, in aerospace and automotive industries, where the need for lightweight, strong and durable parts is of utmost importance and the design is very critical. The object is built up in layers which are very thin compared to the spacial dimension of the part. 3D printing technology is used to manufacture parts which could not be made using any other technology. For example, a part made of high strength metal, but with complex internal or external geometry, is not possible to produce using a casting or moulding process.