Close

Doodle Dream 3D Printer For Kids

Looks like we may be getting another 3D printer aimed mainly towards children. The Doodle Dream 3D printer has launched a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign today, and features the following general specs:

• Printer Material: ABS & PLA
    • Build Volume: 150 x 120 c 110 mm
    • Print Accuracy: 0.1 mm
    • Nozzle Diameter: 0.3 mm
    • Data-In: USB, Wi-Fi, TF card
    • Control Pad: LCD
    • Warranty: 1 year

More details on the Doodle Dream can be found in the following article
    http://3dprint.com/9794/doodle-dream-3d-printer/

Below is a picture of the machine which the company claims is the 'first real aesthetic-designed' 3D Printer. Price: $600 for the wooden cased model, or $800 for the fully assembled plastic Doodle Dream Printer.

Banned
    Not sure what to think of this one. Looks a lot like the Micro 3D printer from Kickstarter. Seems like a decent machine, but with o any other 3D printers on the market, I'm not too certain if the Doodle Dream stands out enough. I guess we will see if they get enough funding on Kickstarter or not. It seems like you really need to stand out to have a successful campaign this last month or two.

I'm surprised as it looks more than close to the M3D printer in terms of design and capabilities in my opinion.
    As pointed out in this forum a few days ago on the thread for costs and production volumes, to be viable they'll need to aim big and I'm not sure there will be enough people interested. I was stunned by the interest for the M3D and I'm convinced that was a one-shot that should tie that part of the market for a time - there aren't millions of people shopping for 3D printers just now. And, for such a resembling product, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't raise enough. Also the M3D catered to people wanting a very cheap solution and this is more than 200% over it.