Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me with my first printer ender 5, i'm ready to give up

5miaIb0Rcc8.jpgg_BiDcSEyUg.jpgosZuF0DbbQs.jpgs2s2f23Vq_A.jpg
    This is my masterpiece calibration cube after 3 days of calibrating. fixing, and even getting personal help.
    Flow was around 150, nozzle 200, bed 60, speed around 25.
    When i'm trying to print models more complex than cube, its just turns it to garbage.
    What did i do wrong and how can i fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attachment 15490And this is what happens when i'm trying to print models.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Hello Kapitan:

I will start with my opinion, it looks like you are using 1.75mm filament with the slicer set for 3mm filament.
    This appears to be under extruded, on your 2nd post could not see the attachment.

Could we get some more information, What slicer are you using, the setting of your slicer what filament you are trying to 3D Print.
    The measurements of your printed XYZ cube ect...

I'm using 1.75 mm PLA fillament(Was in printer box) with 0.2 mm nozzle on 0.1mm layer height. On creality slicer it was set, that fillament is 1,75, sill dencity 25%, 0.8 bottom/top/shell, 150 flow and brim platform.
    h21Po99xWC0.jpgUj7Bt8-ALBM.jpg
    First image is what got for models with 100% fill, 25 speed and 160 flow
    Now i decided to print default cat, which was on sd card, as u can see, bottom part was printed at 100 flow, then i changed it ti 150 and top part seems okay for now.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    is that 150% flow ?
    that's way too high. Should be mearer 100 - ie somewhere between: 90-110.

best advice is for you to download prusaslicer and try that.

Cura is just way more hassle than it'e worth.
    I no longer bother with installin cura on my work computers.
    It would be purely for diagnosing other people's problems - and it's just so much quicker to say: use something else :-)

https://www.prusa3d.com/prusaslicer/

Wow I never printed with a 0.2 mm nozzle on 0.1mm layer height, this may be interesting.

Any 3D Printers users doing so we would highly appreciate your input.

I decided to print default cat gcode, which was in complect with printer, here is what i got:
    IMG-20201119-WA0011.jpg
    Lower level was at default 100% flow, after i changed to it to 150% i went pretty good. Then i measured nozzle, cause there was no markings on it, and it probably was 0.4mm.
    Then i got cura slicer, set nozzle to 0.4 with 0.1 height and it seems to be printing now, but flow still needs to be set as 150-165.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I refer you to my previous answer :-)

Also it sounds like your extrduer stepper motor steps are incorrectly set in the firmware.

which is probably why you need to increase your flow rate by so much.

They essntially both do the same thing.

So you can either keep the flow rate high or play with the extruder stepper motor settings.

Fortunately to adjust stepper motor steps all you need is to enter a line of g-code into the startup script. That way every time you print you can adjust the steps.
    Nlieve me it's a LOT easier than messing about with updating firmware.

You need to find out what the correct extruder steps should be for your printer.
    which I note, you have yet to mention.

also you have not mentioned the print speed. That also makes a difference.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-20-2020 at 07:38 AM.

I tried to use prusasliser, but it doesnt have ender 5 printer settingss on it, and i'm not sure if ender 3 settings will work.
    To deal with my flow rate problem i just manually increase flow to 150 before every print, and will it go better if i just download and install official firmware?

Also,
    Printing some models: default gcode files, which were on sd card in complect and sliced ones(with cura sliser) i got different results. When i print default model, cat, for example, 1st layers starts to print instantly and seems normal, but when i try to print sliced model, 1st layer is just barely visible on bed and printing starts from layer 2.
    But both types had same problem, there are gaps between layers of plastic and infill seems to be deformed:
    CBxbGVx9vW0.jpgiFINwSYYty8.jpg
    As a result, top layer goes bad to. These gaps are so wide that i can just move layers.
    I have read that putting extruder width less then actual may help and I am gonna try it next time.

While in Prusa Slicer Click on Plater, on the right hand side of the screen you will see
    Printer.jpg

Click on the Gear and Select "Add/Remove Presets:"
    Click on Other Venders > Creality FFF

Printer1.jpg
    Select the Creality Ender-5 > Follow the steps to transfer the Presets to your PrusaSlicer.

With My Prusa i3 compatible I took the Ender 3 Presets and modified for my Hictop 3DP11/12

https://prusaslicerprofiles.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast