Close

3D Printing in The Office, Changes Coming?

With 3D Printing slowly taking hold within offices across America, and the rest of the world, there are sure to be some significant changes within the typical office environment. From needing to stock new supplies, to having significantly better technologies at out fingertips, the office will be an entirely different place in the coming years. More details on what can be expected can be found in this article: http://3dprint.com/7644/3d-printing-office/

Do you work at a desk job? Do you have 3D printers available to you yet? What are some of the things you have noticed changing because of the addition of these 3D printers?

Engineer-in-Training
    The smell is a major part of office printing. If you need end-user parts with ABS, few offices will tolerate the burnt smell of ABS. A solution might be one of the new PET filaments.

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+
    I work in an office setting that is inside of a factory...... separated from most of the regular office workers. I brought my personal printer to work to print out prototypes.... mostly in PLA, but have done some in ABS. I always warn everyone of the smell, but with me in the corner, I seem to be the only one getting stoned at work. There haven't been any complaints, other than the quality of parts/shrinkage/warpage on flanges..... but that is another issue.