Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ya I had so much fun building that. Anybody in their right mind would just not understand how much I bled out on that. I was inspired by a mainboard that had liquid cooling baked into the mainboard and it's BIOS. I can regulate the pump speed, fan speeds, and everything right from the UEFI BIOS and tune them with ramps that are temp vs. rpm. And so I spent over a grand just on the cooling system. The waterblock for the video card was over $200 and the matched rgb block for the 8700k cpu wasn't far behind it. But I got to bend up my own 16mm oversized PETG tubes. I got this kit that came with a silicone sleeve that i slid inside the tube then when I heated and bent it the silicone would hold the id similar to a mandrel bend. It runs a fully modded D5 pump that is capable of producing 3 bar. All of the fittings are RGB and there are so many wires. It was a fun project and the hardware specs are there. Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia 1080ti, 32gb ddr4 RGB ram, Asus ROG Maximus Hero X wifi mainboard, 1000watt PS, 2x samsung 960 PRO 1TB nvme ssd. 2x large radiators. And a bunch of 3d printed parts. I have a build thread for it right here: My New Machine | General Conversation (superchargerforums.com)
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 03-31-2021 at 01:49 PM.