Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
Oh wow CA have you seen the Bondtech LGX? Large Gear eXtruder. It is nice. I was watching this video from Teaching Tech on it: Bondtech LGX extruder guide & test for Prusa MK3 and Artillery3D X1 - YouTube
lmao - you're like a kid in a toy shop :-)
That does look pretty good.

I'd like to see one pushing flexible filament at speed. That's pretty much the only flaw the sapphire's bondtech has.

It's snowing - in england in april ! You don't see that everyday :-)
lol

Anyway. My current favourite is the bigtreetech all in one lightweight job.
It'll run easily at 150mm/s with pla - which is the sapphire's normal speed.
But it's also lightweight enough to go on a large delta.
And I think it said 300c - which is all I really need for polycarbonate.
At the moment PET is working well for me as tougher then pla and still stiff filament.
They had a half price sale on amazon.
£11.80 for 750gm - so I'[ve now got enough to last a year or two - probably lol

I do have commercial product I'm making with it. weighs around 3 grams. So I've got enough for over a thousand.
And frankly if we sell that many, I'll probably upgrade the printer anyway :-)

polycarbonate - fairly cheap and stronger and pretty decent heat deflection.
Needs around 260-280 to print well.
I did manage to print a few small items at 260 on the sapphire. But she really wasn't happy.
also PET - almost as hard as pla and way tougher. Heat deflection not that great - but it's great stuff.

@spegilius.
had a look at that site. They really don't want to say what it's made of do they :-) None of the data sheets mention it.
My guess is that it's a type of hi-temp pla that doesn't need sintering to get the hi-temp resistance.
There are others around and at roughly the same price.

@autowiz - removing the front bracing of the cube doesn't sound like agood idea.
The thing is almost big enough to climb into - how are youi not goign to have easy acess for removing models ?

Surely that's what the kids are for - use them while they're still small enough to get in there :-)