Close

I need a 3d printing enthusiast to design/print an object for me

I am looking for someone that can design/print a coin holder/display.

I want to be able to put one of these...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/39mm-Airtite...item19ef6a5495
    ...in some sort of display. The display would need to hold the coin capsule firmly and would have to have writing on the front of it.

The thinking is something like this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-HALF-DOLLA...item4842ea929f
    ...with text and a logo printed on the top. There would also have to be a scannable QR code that would be unique to each holder printed.

Ideally I would like to find someone willing to make these on a case by case basis and ship them in exchange for a payment. The best payment you could accept would be Bitcoin, but I am flexible there if that frightens you. If this sounds like something you think you could do and would be willing to do, please email me at askognasty at gmail.com. Let me know what you would want to charge and how we can move forward. I think I would sell between 100-500 of these over the next year. Possibly many more if you were able to make them in multiple sizes and with different logos.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by OgNasty View Post
    I am looking for someone that can design/print a coin holder/display.

I want to be able to put one of these...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/39mm-Airtite...item19ef6a5495
    ...in some sort of display. The display would need to hold the coin capsule firmly and would have to have writing on the front of it.

The thinking is something like this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-HALF-DOLLA...item4842ea929f
    ...with text and a logo printed on the top. There would also have to be a scannable QR code that would be unique to each holder printed.

Ideally I would like to find someone willing to make these on a case by case basis and ship them in exchange for a payment. The best payment you could accept would be Bitcoin, but I am flexible there if that frightens you. If this sounds like something you think you could do and would be willing to do, please email me at askognasty at gmail.com. Let me know what you would want to charge and how we can move forward. I think I would sell between 100-500 of these over the next year. Possibly many more if you were able to make them in multiple sizes and with different logos.
    All easy, but when you want a scannable QR code that is on each item, that would be quite a pain for your average consumer printer. I could do it in blender, but I would physically need to stamp model with the QR code (either raised or embedded) and then for each individual one printed, would need to physically repeat that, stamp, export print.. now a handful would be ok, like 10-20.. but if you wanted hundreds printed with individual scannable codes, you really need to look at a more professional manufacturer that can pump these out with an automated QR update for each item.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    All easy, but when you want a scannable QR code that is on each item, that would be quite a pain for your average consumer printer. I could do it in blender, but I would physically need to stamp model with the QR code (either raised or embedded) and then for each individual one printed, would need to physically repeat that, stamp, export print.. now a handful would be ok, like 10-20.. but if you wanted hundreds printed with individual scannable codes, you really need to look at a more professional manufacturer that can pump these out with an automated QR update for each item.
    The problem is that I won't know exactly what the QR code will be until the order is placed. I can provide orders via email with a QR code attached. It would be an ongoing relationship that could earn someone a few extra bucks and give them a reason to use their 3d printer as well as an opportunity to earn some Bitcoin if you found that interesting. That is why I came to these forums instead of a major manufacturer. This could even turn into a somewhat profitable venture for someone if the end result was very high quality and you had the ability to make them for different sized coins.

Also, toward the end of the year I will want 100 of these for a much larger coin. I would be able to provide all of those QR codes at one time and even a couple months in advance. I would think someone might find this project interesting.

Is there printable plastic that clear? All of the clear plastic I've seen is 'cloudy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Is there printable plastic that clear? All of the clear plastic I've seen is 'cloudy'.
    The clear plastic capsules will hold the coins. I want a "slab" that will hold the clear plastic capsules. The slab would actually be light green printed material with a black logo and black QR code printed on it.