Close

Dynamo3D One Evo 3D Printer - Super Fast

What do we all desired the most in our FDM 3D printers? Probably the ability to print things a lot quicker. One Italian company called Dynamo3D thinks they may have made significant progress in bringing a very fast FDM 3D printer to market. Today they announced the new D3D One EVO 3D printer which prints at speeds of 400mm/s, over a decent sized build volume. Honestly I didn't know what to expect by just hearing those numbers, but when I watched the video, provided below, I was pretty amazed. Fast forward to the 2min mark and look to the left.

The printer will begin pre-orders in September. More details on this new machine can be found here http://3dprint.com/9513/dynamo3d-one-evo-printer/

Some Basic Specs:
    • Printer Size: 38x44x45 cm
    • Filament Diameter: 2.85mm
    • Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
    • Filament Types: ABS / PLA / FLEX and prepared for other materials
    • Max Build Volume: 24 x 24 x 25cm
    • Display: LCD/SD for 3Dprinter with SD card and USB key

Engineer-in-Training
    Seeing the build platform shake around like that, and the quality of the part as a result of the speed, no thanks. You'll probably get a bunch of buyers that love speed over part accuracy, but I expect that to be a short-lived euphoria.

I agree. It looked pretty shaky and that never leads to good parts. Notice they didn't show you the finished parts side-by-side!

Engineer-in-Training
    How can it still print if the bed moved that much? I notice the moving does not start until the video speeds up; might it be a video thing? Or a moving bed?