Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Show me 1. where 3 point auto leveling can be done reliably on a flashforge for $40, and is "plug-in" compatible with the Creator X or Pro and is supportd in firmware... 2. Why would you even want to? Especially if it adds significant weight to the moving mechanisms. Manual leveling works just fine once you learn how.

I have made some mods to my creator x to make this much more reliable though. I added the creator pro metal platform and z axis rods. Incredible difference this makes. I would start there if anything, it isn't a super difficult swap but it does require quite a bit of disassembly. You don't have to take the top rail completely off, but almost.

Lately I have seen suggestions for a new user to try and usually it is way off base or "seen on another printer". These new users can't even get a 20mm square calibration box to print right and people are suggesting to hack up their machine and wire up a bunch of add ons and none of them fix the actual root cause of the problem. Sorry this irritates me. The Flash forge Creator X is 90% fine just the way it is. Learn to use it and it creates incredible parts. The other 10% is updating to the newer platform and (if you don't use 2 extruders at the same time) removing one (left) stepper, related wiring, and print head.

Using this setup I have had good results printing as fast as 120mm/s on larger parts. Huge increase in speed over the 60-80mm/s you are limited to with the heavier dual heads.
    Last edited by jfkansas; 07-20-2014 at 12:22 AM.