Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it looks like the new sapphire.

But basically simplify3d treats it just the same as a normal cartesian printer.
    hang on,
    try that
    unzip the attached file and point s3d at the 'fff' profile.
    you'll need to change the print volume settings in the 'g-code' tab.

And maybe change the z axis setting in the 'scripts' ending script section.
    I have it set to lower the printbed by 100mm after a print is finished to make it easier to remove a print.
    There's no need to change it. If you print something tall and there isn't 100mm left - it will only go to the maximum 'height'.
    it should also home the print carriage.
    But I've got so many bloody proifiles saved (simplify3d 4.1 crashes if you try and update a profile, but will let me save a new one) I've lost track of which one homes and which one doesn't :-)
    Also as the profiles are saved in the computer registry - and not as an actual file unless you export it - deleting profiles you don't want them is bloody difficult.

But as long as you change the print area size - keep all origins at 0 - that should work fine. :-)

There's nothing special about the profile. Thankfully the motherboard and firmware does all the complicated stuff. As far as simplify 3d is concerned it's just a bog standard cartesin printer. S3d has no idea what a corexy is or how it works - and it doesn't need to know :-)

I actually used my i3 profile as the base.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-02-2020 at 09:03 AM.