Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would say to go for the CraftBot if you don't mind waiting a bit. Yes the Craftbot is still an ongoing crowdfunding project, but they promise delivery in August for their VIP backers (I'm VIP #2 ) and September for those who have chosen the Early Bird Perk #1
    Of course things can still go wrong in a lot of places, but CraftUnique who is behind CraftBot is an established company who has been around since 2008 and have worked on the CraftBot for a couple of years. Since they only required a low amount of $40.000 to reach their goal, I suspect them of using Indiegogo purely for marketing purpose.

I don't think the CraftBot in itself prints better than any other printer out there, but it' should be very easy to use, it has the largest build size in it's pricerange, its pretty and they provide a very easy to use slicer tool, CraftWare. Furthermore they seem very professional about this project, and is answering every comment and question their backers have, and listens to our suggestions. Basically they communicate with their backers - Something that lacks in many other crowdfunding campaigns.

I'm very much looking forward to my CraftBot and I believe they will deliver an easy to use and out of the box 3D printer! I believe it is a very good product for the money :-D

Student
    I went in on craftbot as well. Time will tell!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Friborg View Post
    I would say to go for the CraftBot if you don't mind waiting a bit. Yes the Craftbot is still an ongoing crowdfunding project, but they promise delivery in August for their VIP backers (I'm VIP #2 ) and September for those who have chosen the Early Bird Perk #1
    Of course things can still go wrong in a lot of places, but CraftUnique who is behind CraftBot is an established company who has been around since 2008 and have worked on the CraftBot for a couple of years. Since they only required a low amount of $40.000 to reach their goal, I suspect them of using Indiegogo purely for marketing purpose.

I don't think the CraftBot in itself prints better than any other printer out there, but it' should be very easy to use, it has the largest build size in it's pricerange, its pretty and they provide a very easy to use slicer tool, CraftWare. Furthermore they seem very professional about this project, and is answering every comment and question their backers have, and listens to our suggestions. Basically they communicate with their backers - Something that lacks in many other crowdfunding campaigns.

I'm very much looking forward to my CraftBot and I believe they will deliver an easy to use and out of the box 3D printer! I believe it is a very good product for the money :-D
    And the award for saying Craftbot as many times in a post as possible goes to...

I admire your enthusiasm for the printer, but I think maybe tone it down a little, it really does come off as a paid presentation. I almost expect to get 2 for 1 after reading your post lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    And the award for saying Craftbot as many times in a post as possible goes to...

I admire your enthusiasm for the printer, but I think maybe tone it down a little, it really does come off as a paid presentation. I almost expect to get 2 for 1 after reading your post lol...
    Haha sorry about that ;-)
    - I can assure you that I am not paid by them in any way, but I am definitely excited about getting my printer :-D

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Well the thing about printing absolutely perfect things is: they take a long long time.

So far I've printed most things at .3 - because they do what I want them to do, come out fast (relatively speaking) and are damn strong.

For things that are ornaments I might print them at .2

I've only ever printed at .1 once - entirely by mistake (well makerware resets every single setting on saving a custom profile - be aware of that if creating custom profile, it HAS to be editted after creating) 14 cm high stanford rabbit - took 18 hours !
    I actually wanted a hollow rabbit printed at 0.4 to see how fast i could turn out a big garden ornament :-)

So for me absolute smoothness and prettiness of a model, just isn't that big an issue. I'm not an aesthete nazi. Mostly I want stuff to be strong and functional and not take all day to print.

The fact that my printer CAN print a hollow stanford rabbit at .4mm resolution - is, to me, amazing.
    To me, that kind of precision at lower resolutions is far more important than being able to print something really smooth in a whole day.

Now fair enough, a lot of people aren't going to do the homework and put in the time and effort to get their printer working at peak performance.
    But that's probably not why a lot of printed things don't look like museum pieces. It's simply that - like me - they really don't care :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-12-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Friborg View Post
    Haha sorry about that ;-)
    - I can assure you that I am not paid by them in any way, but I am definitely excited about getting my printer :-D
    I can totally understand that... it feels like waiting for Santa on Christmas day as a kid, and the best part is.. its better!

I've had one for 2 years and still get excited about getting a new one... probably more excited than my bank balance allows but hey, we all need an escape

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12