my latest sheet of pei arrived this morning.
So before i put it 'somewhere safe' and it vanished into the black hole I've got somewhere in my workshop - I cut it to size and fitted it !

The main reason I've done this is to cover the screw holes at the corners of the build plate.
If it proves as good to print on as the adhesives - even better - but it doe now mean I can print on the entire build plate.
And if it doesn't work that well - well there's always the adhesives - of which I have an abundance :-)

First print on the pei looks good.
Love the smooth base.

Adhesion was excellent.
My fault the top surface is a litle 'slumpy' - I had the infill a bit too sparse.
But the first layer went down at 30mm/s and the rest was a solid 100mm/s.
Dimensions are absolutely bang on !
These are shopping trolley 'keys' - I set the 'thickness' at 2.8mm and all three are bang on 2.79.
I'll take that every damn day !

And now I've been able to compare printbite and pei - they are quite different.
Printbite is a LOT harder.
In the three years the printbite has been on the he3d k200, it's been used and abused way beyond reasonable expectations. Getting the mymat nylon off with a metal chisel and a hammer would have destroyed almost all other print surfaces - the Printbite just winked at me and said: 'is that ALL you got ? '

So next task an actual 235x235 test print.

And apart from an extruder that cna do flexibles at speed - I honestly can't think of anything else that needs doing.

I even like the built in cooling ducts. One fan per side and a wide duct setup.
Given how good the 150mm/s iris box is - cooling is definitely working well.