Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    okay.
    well I'm just testing the red. Got it in my right extruder (finally got my s3d script sorted) - currently printing a 1cm cube at 220
    looking pretty good.

I've got a dual extrusion business card file around somewhere.
    Might try a flexible white card with white pla text.

I've also got a 0.5mm nozzle on the right extruder. Figured that might the flexible stuff a little easier to use. Plus I don't currently have any spare 0.4s and you have to change both nozzles at the same time due to nozzle wear. Otherwise they're never the same height.

cube is good - but for some reason the infill didn't. And I'm still getting temp issues with the right extruder. bum.

loaded new right nozzle profile. We'll see how this works.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-19-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Curious aardvark, what a great review of flexible filament. Thank you for that. The Filaflex looks, on the basis of it, to be a great product.

yep got to say so far filaflex is my favourite.
    And I'm guessing if it'll work without adjustment in a flashforge creator it should work just as well in pretty much every other non-bowden machine out there as well.

But still got two more to try out over the weekend.

The trick is finding something that you actualy want a lot of. In this case rubber sling pouches :-)
    They'll mostly be given away, but it's a good part to test, as with irregular shaped rocks, they take a bit of hammer.

One thing I've discovered - load at a relative low temp.
    215-220. I use 220.
    And the 1cm cubes I printed yesterday were all at 220.
    I'll try lower next. Obviously the lower the temp you can print at the stiffer the filament is being pushed through your hotend and the cleaner and more precise it should print.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-20-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Since I'm in the States, you've almost got me sold on buying the Polyflex to give it a try out...

Almost convinced ?
    Buy it - brilliant stuff !
    Hell buy 2 rolls and I think it's free us postage.

Oh yeah I emailed globalfsd about the three short lengths of semi-flex instead of 1 10 metre length. And while they didn't really believe me, they have sent me a 10 metre length. I have offered to send the other stuff back - but so far they haven't said they want it.

So if you fancy a length james, drop me your address and I'll post you 3 or 4 metre length :-)
    Likewise if you fancy a play mjoilnir.

English only. I don't mind paying for a stamp, but forget international postage :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-23-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Sorry my post never, posted! :/ I was gonna say I'd love a few lengths to play with, and I was thinking that you can have my filaflex

Engineer
    I have used all the ones caa listed except filaflex and semiflex. In addition to that i have used ecoflex from formfutura as well. This is easy to print as far as feeding goes but it does like to curl off the bed and in a year and a half i have not found anything to firmly hold that down. Its good for smaller or low parts. I was not a fan of the polyflex at all. It did print nice and no warp compared to ecoflex so i would recommed it over that BUT these are flexible plastics not rubbery. If you are looking for rubbery then ninjaflex is the only one like that. It stretches like a rubber band but if thick its harder rubber like a soft car tire. Again i have never tried filaflex to see what that stuff is. I have also tried esun's flexible stuff. That is a very odd material. Not ever using semiflex and going off the description of it i would say that esuns flex is probably more like that. Esun is releasing more versions of flex filaments very soon as well. Supposed to be more rubbery like ninjaflex. Ill test those when they come in.

Anyone have any experience with Inlands Flexible Filament? http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...g_Spool_22_lbs

Well, I bought a roll of Inlands Flexible Filament and am printing with it right now. Using a Flashforge Dreamer, with no mods. I loaded the filament by releasing the tension spring and pushing it in. Then re-engaged the tension spring. Printing at 215 at extruder and 50 bed. At a speed of 30 mm/sec at a resolution of 300 microns. The bed is glass with Elmer glue stick. So far it seems to be printing good and clean. I will update later.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast