Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for 3D printer

First post.

I am a retired CNC machinist. I owned a machine shop and programed my mills using Mastercam for a few decades.
    So I have an idea of what is going on, but have never had a 3D printer.

Can't remember how/why I started with this make but I have been looking at the Creality CR-10S S4 printer.
    I like the 400 x 400 area and the price is right at the maximum that I want to spend.
    Having had a few CNC mills I know that there is never enough work envelope so for now I figure this will probably do.

What I would like are suggestions on other makes that are about the same size and price, although cheaper is always better.
    Everyone seems to be out of Creality CR-10S S4 printer stock. I guess this means it's popular?

Suggestions?
    Thanks
    G

If you are stuck on Creality, you could get it from their official store at https://www.creality3dofficial.com/p...-s5-3d-printer

But have you looked at other brands and models? The Artillery Sidewinder X1 is 300 x 300, so slightly smaller, but a great option as well...and I'm sure you'll get other recommends around here.
    I have a Sidewinder and a Creality Ender 3 Pro and enjoy both very much, but you'll shortly see Aardvark direct you away from Creality (they're his cryptonite), but he may have some better suggestions as well.

I'm really stuck on the larger size. I had even considered the 500 x 500 but I'm starting to bump up against the wife's potential limitations although I could probably push it and it would give.

Just like with milling machines and telescopes, they are never quite big enough.

Now looking at the 500 x 500 unit.
    Not hung up on brand just costs and travel size.

Add 686 Shooter on Thingiverse
    Don't get hung up on name brands for sure. All printers have their pros and cons. I had an Anycubic i3 Mega S and now have a Creality CR-10s Pro V2. I love them both and would highly recommend them. Unfortunately both are smaller than what you are looking for.

My point is this, look at the pros and cons of each printer you are considering. Read lots and lots of reviews and if possible speak to someone that owns one. You will get lots of info from folks that I call Ford vs. Chevy guys. They will only recommend one brand and that's it. Everything else is crap. Take this advice with a grain of salt.

My one piece of advice for you in your search is get a printer that has auto bed leveling. It's a headache saver for sure.

Best of luck in your search. Once you get your printer your going to have a blast.

Thanks 686 Shooter.
    I am looking forward to advice of all kinds.

Anyone know anything about the Copymaster3D Pro 500 ?

https://copymaster3d.com/collections...ymaster-3d-500

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_M View Post
    Anyone know anything about the Copymaster3D Pro 500 ?

https://copymaster3d.com/collections...ymaster-3d-500

• Direct drive integrated extruder head prints a variety of diverse filament 3D materials as standard including flexible.mykfcexperience
    • Super smooth movement and accuracy down to 50microns for superior part quality.
    • Filament run out sensor with resume print, so worry free printing on long overnight prints.
    Last edited by Mason888; 05-09-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Picking the right 3d printer for you is quite difficult. Theres just so many brands to chose from. It took me a few weeks of research before I could finally buy my first 3d printer. If youre looking for option and reviews on 3d printer, I suggest you visit this website.
    Last edited by akyle32; 06-01-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    copymaster looks nice - full prusa design :-)
    Which is what you want in an i3 and what creality have yet to make.

Everyone round here gets this wrong.
    I am not against creality - just against the FACT that they deliberately make poorly designed printers. That's it, that's everything.
    If they ever made a well designed machine I'd promote it :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast