Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vertical layers delaminating

My vertical layers are delaminating. I've tried upping the temp/lowering the fan so now running at 220C and 90% - seems to make no difference. Is there something I should do to form some sort of top layer to bring them together? Or is there some setting I should change(more)?

Printer is a Copymaster 300.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    It is hard to say, What filament are you using.

When Printing ABS the temperatures should be higher.

My 3D Prints are inside an enclosure to maintain a more constant temperature, with a enclosure temp of ~40C bed temp of 96C and the hot-end 232C.
    I print some excellent models with my rejected 3D Printers using this method...

I'm using PLA. No enclosure (not found a box big enough!) bed is 60, extruder 220. Give you an idea of my experience I'm still on the filament that came with the printer

Engineer-in-Training
    Add jamcultur on Thingiverse
    What do you mean by vertical layers? A photo would be helpful.

IMG_2576 (1).jpgHopefully you can see by my grubby fingers...

Engineer-in-Training
    I can't clearly see what's going on there. Is the top edge near your fingers not rigid? Is it because the walls haven't adhered to the infill? How much infill are you using?

I think I also see a the problem along the upper left edge. Is the top of that edge parallel to the build plate, or at an angle? I'm thinking that if it is at an angle, what I'm seeing is delamination probably caused by poor layer adhesion and warping.

There's no issue with upper left (and everything is parallel/perpendicular). The bit just above my thumb/finger appears to be three layers (though the middle one may be infill) - is quite flexible and have not adhered to one another very well. If the middle one *is* infill, then I believe the setting is on 10% grid. I hope* that's not the issue as I've just fired off another model which is about 11.5 hour runtime (it's a different model so am/was hoping it wouldn't be the same! Also upped that to 20% infill before starting)

Engineer-in-Training
    I find that I need to up the infill when I print a narrow vertical part, sometimes as high as 100%, although that's rarely necessary.

Good to know. Is there a way to up infill on vertical bit but not horizontal bits, for example?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ohowson View Post
    Good to know. Is there a way to up infill on vertical bit but not horizontal bits, for example?
    Not that I know of. I've often wished for the ability to specify different infill in different parts of a print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast