Close

Question TOAuto Pyramid A1 3D Printer

Hello all, relatively new to the 3D printing community. Here is my question. I received, sight unseen a TOAUTO Pyramid A1 3D printer. I have had to replace the Y and Z axis limiters (the Y-axis connector cable was broken and the left Z-axis limiter itself was broken. Those have been replaced. Now, I am interested in auto-leveling because I can't seem to dial in the bed on all four corners and the centers ... I put a level on the bed to see if there was any warpage ... and I noticed none ... granted, my eyesight sucks ... but, I digress.

I recently purchased an auto bed level sensor (P.I.N.D.A probe version 2). My issue is that unless I unplug one of the Z-motors (the printer has a dual Z-axis) or the filament sensor I have no where to plug in a leveling sensor.

The motherboard is a Makerbase Robin Nano V1.2. I have been having some problem with terminology when it comes to doing a Google search for the type of motherboard that will support the following:

1) Dual-Z motors
    2) Filament sensor
    3) Auto-leveling sensor
    4) Dual Extruders (when I become more proficient with the whole process, it's not as easy as I had hoped it would be)

So, I ask this forum for some help and guidance to figuring this out ... and who knows, it may not even be possible.

Also, for informational purposes ... I am not comfortable with soldering ... I have a solder gun, I've only used it once or twice in the time I've owned it ... hehehe.

Thank you all for whatever knowledge you can pass along.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    have a look at the skr 1.4 turbo board.
    supports all the features you want.

However the robin nano can have a screen connected with a ribbon cable - so you might need to buy a new screen as well.

That said a couple month ago i bought skr1.4 turbo, 3.5 inch touch screen and 4 stepper drivers for £34.
    And they are quality kit.
    I have no idea how they do them for the price.
    Brought from Biqu
    https://3dprintboard.com/showthread....-me-impressed-!
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-06-2020 at 10:49 AM.

I too have the Toauto A1,.. attempted dual extruder with robin nano, plus toauto's firmware (created on the spot !!!,.. even though they advertised dual color when purchased) I have seen no indication of second extruder in menu since flashing said firmware,.. pretty new menus though !

Do I need to change jumpers to use parrallell splitter ? neither z motor responds at present.

Are you aware of dual extruder firmware for either the robin nano, or the skr you mentioned ? I have the skr 1.4 turbo as well, in surplus.

In all actuality,.. I have 7 printers, 4 down for repaires/upgrades atm. In attempting such repairs and upgrades, I've found that the makers of one of those printers, alphawise, is out of business. np. I'll make them ALL into one model. One that has power out resume plus filament run-out detection,.. I figured cr 10s. bad choice as their boards are the most expensive for what little they can do !!!!! I also want multi-color,.. how about 9 color ERCF mmu,.. but now, are the voron machines, they ONLY work with, a total different monkey than the standard gantry style printers ? I only have those type printers. I imagine I may have to reverse some motor directions in klipper, which I know nothing of.

I too have the Toauto A1,.. attempted dual extruder with robin nano, plus toauto's firmware (created on the spot !!!,.. even though they advertised dual color when purchased) I have seen no indication of second extruder in menu since flashing said firmware,.. pretty new menus though !<br><br>Do I need to change jumpers to use parrallell splitter ? neither z motor responds at present.<br><br>Are you aware of dual extruder firmware for either the robin nano, or the skr you mentioned ? I have the skr 1.4 turbo as well, in surplus.<br><br>In all actuality,.. I have 7 printers, 4 down for repaires/upgrades atm. In attempting such repairs and upgrades, I've found that the makers of one of those printers, alphawise, is out of business. np. I'll make them ALL into one model. One that has power out resume plus filament run-out detection,.. I figured cr 10s. bad choice as their boards are the most expensive for what little they can do !!!!! I also want multi-color,.. how about 9 color ERCF mmu,.. but now, are the voron machines, they ONLY work with, a total different monkey than the standard gantry style printers ? I only have those type printers. I imagine I may have to reverse some motor directions in klipper, which I know nothing of.&nbsp;

Is there a good generic firmware, containing power out resume and fil. runout det.) to flash onto (6+ motor drivers) controller boards. Can cr10 firmware be flashed onto an skr with marlin code changes, for example ?