Hi!
My ender 5 pro extruder motor started skipping steps, causing under extrusion, and a clicking sound. When I turn on retraction in the slicer, the filament gets squished when it goes through the extruder a few times (ie. feeding-retracting-feeding again on the same part of filament), and then the squished filament gets stuck in the capricorn tube. With retraction disabled, everything works fine (apart from stringing etc. caused by no retraction). I tried lowering the extruder spring tension, but that didnt solve the problem. As I lowered the spring tension, the extruder gear started slipping on the filament (I checked and there are no clogs, simply the extruder gear has not enough friction on the filament), and I could not find a sweet spot where the extruder spring has enough force to push the filament, but not that much to squish it. I tried various filaments (PLA and PETG) form different brands, and the same problem happend with all.
Does anyone have an idea to solve this? I think upgrading to a dual gear extruder would solve the problem, but I dont want to spend that much if not necessary.