Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    petg can be tricky.
    It also sounds like your bed is not level or the print head gantry is not level.

Welcome to the wondeful world of ender printers.

I've done relatively few pet-g prints, and those always on Printbite - so that doesn't help you much.

A print adhesive might help. Magigoo is pretty good - I think dimafix is better - but not sure if that's still available.
    But I have no idea if either are good for pet-g.

What might be a better option would be a hi-temp pla.
    Either one that you 'cure' in a 'cool' oven or the more expensive variety that doesn't need curing.
    Both can hit a glass point of 100c or higher.

And if that's still not hot enough - stop living on mercury ;-)

Also if you use a non-heat-absorbent colour like white - I still don't see how a print can exceed 65c outdoors.
    Glass points for abs and pet-g aren't that much higher either - I think abs is around 75 and pet-g 75-80 (I'm not using silly fahrenheits. any temperature system where 0 is a bucket of ice and salt and 100 is the inventors wife's armpit - is a bit arbitrary for my liking ;-) )

From a weather point of view - sometimes we have way too much.
    For the last week it's been hots and dry - today, temp dropped by about 15c and it's been raining all day.
    Great for the garden - but not brilliant if you're camping.
    The one thing we lack in our weather in england is predictability.
    Weather forecasts are getting better - but anything much over a couple of days is always going to be suspect. And people tend to plan things further ahead than that.

That said I've got friends in california where weather is TOO predictable :-)

I suspect that no matter where you drop a human, in a few months they'll always complain about the weather ;-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-16-2020 at 08:01 AM.