Close

Question Need some help configuring Marlin for BLTouch.

Could someone please help. I'm trying to configure the latest version of Marlin 1.1.x Bugfix for my Ender-3 Pro for use with a BLTouch and despite watching Teaching Tech's videos amongst others on the subject I still have some questions/issues.

Firstly I know this is probably a stupid question but the code #if ENABLED(BLTOUCH) appears to have been moved from Configuration.h to Configuration_adv.h (along with #define BLTOUCH_DELAY) so should the line #define SERVO0_PIN 27 also be added to Configuration_adv.h under #if ENABLED(BLTOUCH)?

Secondly, is #define BLTOUCH_SET_5V_MODE (in Configuration_adv.h) the same as what was previously #define BLTOUCH_FORCE_5V_MODE?

Lastly, I'm trying to set up a symmetrical probing grid as per Teaching Tech's video (relevant part starts at 6:15) and I just wanted to make sure I have it set up correctly.

My X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_ETRUDER is -43 and my Y_PROBE_OFSET_FROM_PROBE is -7 and with a MIN_PROBE_EDGE of 20 my probing boundary looks like this.

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 45
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (X_BED_SIZE - 45)
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 21
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION (Y_BED_SIZE - 21)

Thanks.

P.S. I should probably mention that I'm using the Official Creality BLTouch upgrade kit.
    Last edited by D3SOL4TE; 06-11-2020 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Formatting

Student
    Why are you using the 1.1.9 Marlin?
    If you want to compile the latest version bugfix 2.0.x I can give the exact config for the Ender 3 pro and help with any issues.

I'm using Marlin 1.1.9 because I'm using the Ender-3 Pros stock 8 bit board.

Student
    We should be able to compile it for the stock 8 bit board. I've done it before, we just need to comment out a few things. I can help if need me, PM me.

I realise you can still use Marlin 2.0 on an 8 bit board but I was under the impression that Marlin 1.1.9 was better suited for 8 bit boards.
    With regards to my first question whether or not I use Marlin 2.0 or 1.1.9 is moot as the code in question is the same between versions.

Hopefully, the image above illustrates my question better that there is no #if ENABLED(BLTOUCH) under #define BLTOUCH as was the case in previous Marlin versions as it's been moved to Configuration_adv.

Student
    These are the settings you really only need to edit, uncomment these if they are not already. You might get an error compiling due to firmware not fitting on the board. If you do google disabling unnecessary marlin items such as boot logo and ACR support

#define NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET { -44, -16, 0 } This line is for the Official Creality Ender BLtouch kit. These measurements might be different for you.
    Configuration.h

#define BLTOUCH
    #define NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET { -44, -16, 0 } (ADJUST THIS FOR 1.1.9 its a little different) X_Probe, Y_Prob, Z_probe offset
    #define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 44
    #define Z_PROBE_SPEED_FAST HOMING_FEEDRATE_Z / 5
    #define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE 15
    #define Z_MIN_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST
    #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR
    #define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28
    #define LEVEL_BED_CORNERS
    #define Z_SAFE_HOMING
    #define NOZZLE_PARK_FEATURE

Configuration_adv.h

#define BABYSTEP_DISPLAY_TOTAL
    #define BABYSTEP_ZPROBE_OFFSET