Close

Thread: Ender 3 Pro

Student

Ender 3 Pro

Hello all. I'm new to 3D printing, just got my first printer, Ender 3 Pro, for my birthday yesterday. I am having a couple of issues with it: 1) When I click Auto Home the extruder goes about 1/16 of an inch in front of the front left corner of the print bed, and about the same distance below the bed. How can I set, and save, the correct Home position. 2) While trying to level the bed I can get the front and back left corners leveled, but the right side is too high, even when the adjusting wheels are loosened. Please help as I really want to get this thing to work correctly.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am surprised no one has replied before but here goes:-

First of all make sure the end stop microswitch on the Z axis is in the right place. It is the switch on the right side of the printer which is pushed down by the cross bar as it comes down. The switch plate is fixed in place by 2 screws into nust in the in the grooves of the vertical pillar. The plate has a small protuberance on its side which should be above and touching the horizontal extrusion.

Once you are sure that is right tighten up the left hand front adjusting wheel to pull the bed down until the nozzle in it's auto home position is just above the bed.
    Remember you don't raise the nozzle when levelling the bed but lower the bed, so tightening the screw of the adjustment wheel lowers the bed and pulls it away from the nozzle.

After this you can disable the stepper motors and level as normal but remember for more space under the nozzle tighten the screw and for less distance slacken the screw- counter-intuitive isn't it

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
    I am surprised no one has replied before but here goes:-

First of all make sure the end stop microswitch on the Z axis is in the right place. It is the switch on the right side of the printer which is pushed down by the cross bar as it comes down. The switch plate is fixed in place by 2 screws into nust in the in the grooves of the vertical pillar. The plate has a small protuberance on its side which should be above and touching the horizontal extrusion.

Once you are sure that is right tighten up the left hand front adjusting wheel to pull the bed down until the nozzle in it's auto home position is just above the bed.
    Remember you don't raise the nozzle when levelling the bed but lower the bed, so tightening the screw of the adjustment wheel lowers the bed and pulls it away from the nozzle.

After this you can disable the stepper motors and level as normal but remember for more space under the nozzle tighten the screw and for less distance slacken the screw- counter-intuitive isn't it
    Gambo,
    Thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi Bowshooter
    just I quick correction to my instructions !!! sorry I got my left and right confused - the Z axis endstop microswitch is on the left hand side not the right as I said.
    sorry about that