Close

Threaded View

Bad prints from adhesion to filament missing

Hi everyone.

Hoping someone can help get me somewhere better on these prints.

Have a Bukito, running Repetier-Host. Slicing using Cura.
    Layer height: 0.2
    Nozzle diameter: 0.4
    Nozzle temp: 200-210
    Bed temp: N/A
    Material: PLA
    Model: 3dBenchy

Always had some difficulty printing, so never printed over the full area. Turns out the y-axis doesn't sit horizontal to the print-bed.
    That is another problem which is being fixed.

For now I am having trouble getting even small prints to work.
    Takes a bit of setup usually, but the extruder seems to stop feeding the filament all of a sudden. Halfway through a print. This has happened before, usually a manual push gets it going again if noticed quickly.
    However, this time it is just stuck and won't feed through anymore. Have to pause the print and tried to force through.
    With it stopping the filament halfway, it does mean that if your not constantly watching it, the print is ruined. Even for a smaller print that is 1/2 hr of just actively watching.
    Printer is becoming (or has been) a pain to use.

I have included a typical result of printing a classic.
    1st one started off normal print level, but then started having issues with filament near the cabin.
    2nd one printed better to start with, I stopped at the cabin because I thought it wasn't printing. (Still the print has some issues.)
    3rd on really rough, then a mess on the 2nd half.
    4th one, the filament stopped feeding through and missed about 30 layers.
    5th one, printed the bottom half relatively smoothly, but then spaghetti which eventually led to it being pulled of the print bed.
    6th one, tried with a brim this time, Seemed to be printing average level, then starting feeding bad, then got pulled of the print bed. finished the print by holding it manually in place.

Any help, pointers, tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images