Close

From 3D printing View - Blender - DesignSpark - Sketchup

What are the differences from 3D printing View and from your practice experience between

Blender - DesignSpark - Sketchup

my four objectives:

• quickly to complete 3D Design - from simple to complex 3D Design
    • for free and have a lot of user (which using the program for 3D Printing)
    • good interfaces (import and export)
    • ready for the future (reasonable development)

Student
    If you noticed you didn't get a lot of replys. You are asking for a premium kind of product and EXPECT it to be FREE! Good Luck. I use Cubify Invent, the best $49 I have ever spent on software and I have a complete digital wood shop with lasers, 3d printers, cnc machines etc,. Yes there are free programs, but you certainly can expect to get exactly what you did not pay for. Just my 2 cents (for free of course). Russ

What is the difference between cubify invent vs geomagic design ?

http://cubify.com/en/Products/CompareSoftware

Staff Engineer
    Cubify Invent is the entry-level version of a family of products which culminates in Geomagic Design. One step above Invent is Cubify Design ($199 at list) then comes Geomagic Design Elements ($999 at list) and finally Geomagic Design ($1999 at list). I'm an authorized dealer for this software, and on my site I've tried to lay out the additional features you get as you ascend through these latter three versions: http://computersculpture.com/modeling#cubifyDesign

Student
    I have full blown cad software and most of the Vectric suite of 'design' software, but as I said in my post above, I am having the most success with the entry level Invent software. Very easy to use, can take parametric values, etc,. The best part is I have NEVER had a printing failure because of the software. I have created some items that didn't print but that was based soley on the loose nut on the keyboard! For background I am a model maker and do mostly 1/4 inch scale models up through 1/8th scale detail parts. I am not affiliated with Cubify, I just like the product and their customer service. Russ

s_19765323.jpg s_49819264.jpg s_61341797.jpg

s_93740207.jpg s_20816400.jpg