Close

Threaded View

Newbe here, how do I fix this - X1 Sidwinder trouble

OK, so I am brand new to 3d Printing. Made the mistake of ordering through banggood, so it took about 2 months to get my Artillery Sidewinder X1. LolL

Got it only last weekend.... already screwed something up... and bad...

So, after my first or maybe second print, i selected the option to change the filament to remove and re-insert the strand.As the strand backed out, it came with a short rubber hose-like section. I reinserted the hose back into the extruder assembly from the top, but was never sure I put it back where it was supposed to go.Here is a pic, sorry its blurry, but I'm pointing to the rubber hose like thing where it sticks out the top of the print extruder assembly. Not sure if I put it back in wrong or not... it wouldn't go any further down.

ZGPwYgV.jpg

So anyways, I kept printing. did several larger prints (5+ hours) and several small prints (under 1 hr) and all was working just fine.Set a 2 hr print to run, went to bed, and woke up to this:

YIEZKOE.jpg

R8y2UYB.jpg

That plastic is on there hard! obviously... I dunno what to do. I'm scared I'll break the parts try to get it off.Should I try and dissasembly and remove the parts one by one? should I just try and break/cut off the parts? should I remove the extruder assembly and see if I can send it in for warranty replacement?

I was really getting into it and have several more things designed that I want to print/test out.... now I'm stuck....Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by captainbarred; 05-10-2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: adding printer type to post title