So I took my working (sort of lol) printer apart to replace the hot end with an E3D V6. When I put it back together the extruder motor no longer works properly. It started by way under extruding. I thought it was a jam but after replacing the nozzle and throat it became clear it wasnt a clog. The block and thermistor are genuine E3D, Heater cartridge is stock MP, the top and throat are E3D clone parts.

After install, i connected the printer via Pronterface and sent the Gcode to update the thermistor. I also wired the hot end fan to the electronics case fan position and hard wired the case fan to 12V. I ran the layer cooling fan to the original fan for the hot end.

Looking closer I found that the motor itself was making noise and attempting to turn but not actually turning just making noises and vibrating back and forth in place. I tried replacing the motor and that didn't help. I checked the connections 3 times and all is connected. All the other motors work fine.
Any ideas whats wrong?
Did I blow the board/driver?
Any help getting this printer more reliable would also be great. I was hoping the E3D V6 with the silicone sock would help. I get a lot of balled up plastic sticking to the heater block then falling off and causing the print to fail when the nozzle runs over it on the next pass. I print with PETG mostly
thanks for any help