Close

Unhappy TRONXY X5ST-400 -- what is this broken part called?

Sigh.

My printer was built from a kit (TRONXY X5ST-400), and I can't find a parts list anywhere. I managed to break something important, but I don't know what it's called in order to search for & buy a replacement. It's the collar that wraps around the Z axis rods to provide the bed with more stability -- some sort of bushing? I doubt at this price point that there'd be any kind of bearing, and it looks like it's made of plastic.

20200504_141035.jpg

What is this part called? And is this an opportunity to upgrade to a better part?
    Last edited by logic; 05-04-2020 at 03:33 PM.

After much Googling, I haven't found much but I did find this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-LMH6LUU-...-/264508028984

The guide rods do seem to be 8.5mm wide. Could this be what I'm looking for? What is there to compare this with?

After some further investigation, it looks like this might be a linear ball bearing wrapped in a bit of plastic, and I might be able to make do with a couple of worm gear clamps around the plastic to hold it in place, the bearing itself is probably undamaged.

Student
    Hi - many printers use the same z axis design with the drive in the middle and 2 guides on bearings. I agree, you can probably get away with binding it. I reckon super-glue and tape will probably do it. Have you thought about designing and printing a replacement? cheers spezzer