Close

On Shape - How to change the shape of a loft between layers.

Hello!

So i am really new to 3D printing and i bought an Ender 3 a couple of weeks ago to stave off the bored of isolation.

Anyway, i am fairly new to using desgin software as well and recently we a knob broke on our cooker and i am trying to desing a replacement. (Screenshot attached)

all i need to do to finish it is loft from circular surace to the rectangular one evenly. At the moment the loft is uneaven and only seems to go up from two corners. I need the loft to even over all 4 corners of the rectangle.

Im confident this is a simple fix but any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am not really good with lofts.. If the cooker get hot, pla will not work well.. I don't think you will have much luck printing anything else on an ender 3 at this point in your learning curve. When printing thing with over hangs the slicer will need to add supports so make shore you enable supports in the slicer. I if I get a chance I will try and do a loft from a round face to a square

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    I am not really good with lofts.. If the cooker get hot, pla will not work well.. I don't think you will have much luck printing anything else on an ender 3 at this point in your learning curve. When printing thing with over hangs the slicer will need to add supports so make shore you enable supports in the slicer. I if I get a chance I will try and do a loft from a round face to a square
    The knob isn't going to be close to any hot components so the pla is think will be fine. But once I have the design sorted I can print another in ABS. The issue isn't down to the capabilitie of my printer I'm just rubbish at design software.

Is this what you are trying to do?

or more like this

couple more fillets will be nice

PM me if you want me to spin you up the knob. I would need pictures and measurements (in metric) of maybe we could do a zoom and I can help you.. Been doing Onshape for about a year now

Hi

these are the photos of the broken knob and my first prototype.

So where are you in your fix.. you good to go or still having issues?