Close

Thread: Lots of string

Lots of string

Hey guys,

I have been making fondant embossers for my wife using a Flashforge Adventurer 3 and i have been getting loads of stringing. I have played around with settings and can't get it to improve.

I am currently using the defaults that Flashprint throw at you. I have been doing these on Hyper mode, so the slowest mode and requires loads of post tidy up to make it usable.

Does anyone have this problem? Is it the filament, are there settings I can try?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SteveSoberon; 05-01-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're printing too hot and you probably need to adjust your retraction settings.
    make it a little longer and faster - 3mm at 70mm/s should work well for you.

only use flashprint in advanced mode - that way YOU have control over the settings :-)

As far as quality goes - with simple models like that you can use 0.3mm layer height and probably 50mm/s print speed.

Thanks for your reply @curious aardvark

I didn't get a notification for the response, so sorry about the late response.

I been playing with a lot of settings since then and have got it down to this :

Fixed Layer Height
    Layer Height 0.18mm
    First Layer Height 0.27mm

Extruder : 180
    Platform : 55

Base Print Speed 18mm/s
    Travel Speed 150mm/s
    Minimum Speed 5mm/s
    First Layer Max Speed 20mm/s
    First Layer Maximum Travel 70mm/s

Retraction Length 20.0mm
    Speed 40mm/s
    Only retract when crossing outline : No

So not sure I have ended up with all these settings, trial and error, youtube and tip and hints I have seen online.

Seems way off what you say about retraction length!