Close

FlashForge Dreamer Feedback?

I'm strongly considering purchasing a FlashForge Dreamer. Has anyone had the opportunity to use one of the final Dreamers yet? I know they released some beta versions a while back but I believe they have made improvements to them. I'd be interested in seeing what your thoughts are on the final Dreamer that released a few weeks ago.

There is some Dreamer videos on youtube from Thomas James. A few are on the google groups, but the Pro seems to be more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    There is some Dreamer videos on youtube from Thomas James. A few are on the google groups, but the Pro seems to be more popular.
    Do you have a link to those videos? I'd love to see them. Are the videos of the new Dreamer or the beta versions (like everydayidream mentioned above).

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    At 3DPrint.com we recently were supplied with a Dreamer, and so far so good. Very impressed with the results so far.
    Eddie

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    At 3DPrint.com we recently were supplied with a Dreamer, and so far so good. Very impressed with the results so far.
    Eddie
    Let me know when you're done with it

I bought a dreamer after watching thomas james's videos. over all Im happy with it. its my first 3d printer. but It is made of plastic so it comes across as having a "cheap" feel but honestly Ive been very happy with the prints and that dual extruder the fact that I can use ABS or PLA heated bed is good. the only issue I have and I think every dreamer owner has is wifi printing doesnt quite work. James said in a video thats a firmware issue thats supposed to be fix in a update. not really holding my breath but SD card printing is easy. Hope that helps.. if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer as best as possible.

HI, just received the FF Dreamer few days ago, but having trouble printing this with flashforge white ABS (included):
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:215703/#files

I used to own Up Plus 2. That printer printed the object nicely.

I have used support, 30mm/s speed, but still the result is not satisfying.

If you guys have a chance to try it and succeed, let me know the tricks. Thanks.

and for Rovino, I have trouble with wifi as well. I wonder if there is any firmware update for the wifi.

I assume that it is a single extruder...also can any brand of ABS spools fit in there, or do you have to use their own ABS spools?

Does this have a heated build plate?
    Last edited by roguesqd; 09-19-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you definitely shouldn't need supports for marvin.

A fan on the print really helps - not sure how easy that would be on a dreamer, but I'd assume the the standard ducting setup we use on the creators should work. It's the same extruders on the dreamer isn't it ?

I assume that it is a single extruder...also can any brand of ABS spools fit in there, or do you have to use their own ABS spools?

Does this have a heated build plate?
    dreamer is dual extruder with heated bed. You really need to read all of the thread :-)

It's essentially an enclosed creator - but with it's own firmware. Not sure if that makes it more compatible with 3rd party software like cura and slic3r - or less.