Close

Threaded View

Software/Hardware for 3d printing

My friend and I have been trying to research the software we'll be using once we get our 3d printer. I'm interested in building miniatures and props for my D&D campaign, and my friend is interested in printing her own set of cosplay armor. Right now we're looking at this community's patron saint, the Original Prusa I3 MK2S.Question:If my friend is already adept at using a tablet, but so far hasn't even touched a 3d modeling program, would it be reasonable for her to get the Intuos 3D tablet/Zbrushcore package for building her own cosplay armor? Should I look into getting a modelling software other than Fusion 360 for modeling D&D minis? If so, would Zbrush be a good fit?I've been using a student version of Fusion 360 and learning a bit with that. However, I've been looking into some other possibilities. My friend found a Wacom Intuos 3D package with Zbrushcore today, and I fell to looking up reviews on this package. Unfortunately, aside from those posted by Wacom itself, there were only 2 other video reviews which didn't tell me what I wanted to know, and all of the other non-Wacom-affiliated reviews I could find started or contained a sentence to the effect of "Being a novice at 3d modeling..." I looked up zbrush and zbrushcore in the previous questions of this and a couple other 3d printing communities, and there seems to be a severe lack of any information about it.I sincerely appreciate any time taken to read the question and any answers given. If there is a better subreddit for this question, I would also appreciate being directed towards it. Happy printing! https://gbp.cnv.to/usd/7.99
    Last edited by giselegadot3; 03-22-2020 at 06:47 PM.