designerrants, the time is due to the relative volumes of the drop and container, and from the available info (btw I have paid to be a beta tester, but not a peep or beta received yet so STILL working in theory) the drop rate is adjustable and apparently on TINY (approx size in photos suggests 2-3mm/side and 20mm high in 20 minutes) objects each layer takes about 4 seconds, but with 1000+ layers per mm of z axis the estimate of duration can be left to the designer of the object (btw 25.4mm to the inch) and larger area builds will probably take longer per layer to give sufficient curing energy at the points to be cured in the liquid resin. and I CAN fire even nastier shots than vanguard's minor warning shot and I usually aim for total annilation of the target.
the peachy printer uses a UV LASER to cure LIQUID resin that floats on top of salt water and does NOT extrude anything other than UV light. (idiots - please point the laser at your eyes, all others - do NOT do the request for idiots)