Close

Engineer-in-Training

Update #12 - New Prints and New Developements

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...c/posts/655394

I am so incredibly surprised and delighted by this update. I can't even wait. I don't even know what to say. Anyone else as blown away as I am?

Technologist
    Great to see so much progress being made. The heart in particular looks very good, and it's something that none of the cheap FDM printers could have done. Even the expensive FDM printers couldn't have done it as nicely.

I've seen the Dev video. I'm amazed, but I'm wondering. Instant of trying to have an circuit that fix all difference in audio card, why not just add a simple USB Audio Card (in batch, might cost 1-2$ each) and then do the dev for that one. Then, you'll save the time on this and be sure it's fully compatible!

Peachy Printer Software Guru
    nka: That was our first plan, but every cheap USB audio card we've tried has been AC coupled, not DC coupled, so we still need some sort of modulator/demodulator. Since we already need an amp for this anyway, the ability to adjust gain comes basically for free. We also still want this to be usable from devices that may have audio but not USB host, such as a smartphone. At the end of the day, this was what we chose to go with. The modem also gives us a convenient way to do things like blanking the laser, but all with cheap, simple parts.

I too, am blown away. I can't wait to see the next level of prints.

I see why you went the way of the circuit, although I did get a cheap usb sound card from China that is dc coupled for $1.29 and free delivery. But with the circuit, you can get it working with all AC coupled sound cards, and if you have a device with DC coupling, just offer 2 optional capacitors to add.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171145090006...84.m1439.l2649

Peachy Printer Software Guru
    Weird, that looks exactly like the two I have on my desk right now and neither of them were DC coupled. If we can find a supplier for DC coupled versions of that, it might well be an option, though our circuit now gives us much more than just AC coupling.

That's cool. I see your looking ahead !

I'm impressed with the layer sub dividing, you end up with mind boglingly good print resolution!

And I am also impressed with this new way of curing the infill, it's a fantastic idea that saves tons of print time. About how long does it take to fully cure the infill? And do you have any ideas to fix the air bubble problem?