Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    It is a Roland SP-540i vinyl printer. Details here. http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printcut/versa/
    And I have 2 other Graphtec vinyl cutters and a 80 watt laser.
    Very interesting. Since it's a wide-format printer I'd expect you don't like printing small things all alone. So you wait till you have things you can gang up to reduce waste? The reason I ask, say I wanted something that is say, 2.5" x 3.5" printed. What would the charge be for something that small?
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Very interesting. Since it's a wide-format printer I'd expect you don't like printing small things all alone. So you wait till you have things you can gang up to reduce waste? The reason I ask, say I wanted something that is say, 2.5" x 3.5" printed. What would the charge be for something that small?
    Actually I dont mind doing small items since I dont rely on the printer as a income. I am a 40 hour a week quality tech in a machine shop and the printer is something I picked up used just to do odd jobs on it along with vinyl lettering and signs in my spare time. Kinda looking to have something to do if and when I retire.

The biggest cost is not so much the size but how much graphics work I have to do before printing. Also the higher the res the better its gonna print. For stickers that small I would probably give you 6 to 7 of them just to use up the 30" wide vinyl rather than me having a bunch of scraps not printed on.

Send me your idea and I will let you know. Better the printer gets used than sitting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12