Hello everyone;

Another new guy to the 3D Forums. I have always wanted a 3D printer since they came out. It seemed so cool to able to make just about anything you wanted. So about a month ago I pulled the trigger and bought a Creality CR10s Pro. I watched a lot of youtube videos, tried to do my homework, and it was on sale.

First day I got it I unboxed it, and printed the cute little dog figure that comes with the printer. Of course it printed flawlessly, and was glued firmly to the print bed. I had read that this was a common issues with the CR10s Pro's bed. And I had already ordered a Wham Bam bed for the Pro, but it had not showed up yet. That pooch was stuck, and even after heating the bed it was stuck good. So I installed the Wham Bam bed system, and really Creality needs to use this from the factory. It is so nice now to get items off the bed.

The next mod though.... Well lets say was maybe not my best idea. While searching around on google for CR10s upgrades I came across the MicroSwiss hot end kit. After a few reviews on it I was convinced that this hot end was going to be like magic on Pro. It had printed the little dog figure flawlessly with the stock end, it must do better with the MicroSwiss.... Right?

Well for a noob with NO 3D printing experience at all it was a nightmare. First item I printed with it was so brittle that when I flexed the bed to remove it, it cracked. So I downloaded the Benchy boat. I tweaked the temps, and extrusion rate, and printed the boat. It was very stringy, but it wasn't brittle. Tweaked retraction, temps again, and printed another boat.... It was better. Stringing was minimal and it was strong. I printed a couple little items, a filament guide, and roller. Both came out ok and are still on the machine. It seemed life was good. But I was noticing something. Every once in a while there would be a blob or goober of material on the bed. So I watched it a couple times and noticed what would seem like a build of material on the tip that would eventually fall off. To be honest I thought this was normal. I should have known better My last print was a no support iris box from Thingyverse. When the print was done it looked pretty good. Right until I grabbed it off the bed and went crunch. It was so brittle that all the leaves inside broke. The outer shell was ok though. So I went to clean the tip of the Microswiss hot end and noticed it was completely encased in PLA. I pulled the fan cover off and literally from the heatsink down was a blob of PLA material. I started chipping away at it to try and figure out WTF had happened. I still don't know what happened to be honest. I tried to take it apart but it seems that the heating element is either stuck or fused to the hotend. So I ordered a replacement original CR10s Pro hot end and installed it. As I type this, the printer is printing that little test doggy, and I am keeping an eye on it. So far it is doing awesome. But I would really like to know what happened to cause the Microswiss to look like a blob of melted swiss. I am using Simplify3D as my slicer. So far I like it. I t has more adjustability to it than the OEM Creality slicer. Any tips or suggestions is greatly appreciated. And I hope to learn a lot from these boards, and my printer.