Hello

I am experiencing a problem with my Geeetech i3 pro B: The extruder motor will not activate when I tell it to move via the prepare menu on my 3D printer (prepare>move axis>extruder).
However, I know for a fact that the motor is not faulty, as I have tested plugging the X axis cable from the motherboard into the extruder motor. Then, when I go back into the prepare menu and select move X axis (prepare>move axis>X axis), the extruder motor does work. I have also tested the cable. The ports on the motherboard and the motor are clean. I have not checked if it works while actually printing, but I doubt it and from videos I've seen this should work.

It seems like the problem could be no signal being sent from the motherboard to the extruder to tell the motor to move. I was wondering if this could be a problem with the firmware of the printer.
I would like to avoid changing/updating the firmware as it seems like a difficult and potentially dangerous job. The firmware on my printer is Marlin.

Please respond with any suggestion or advice that comes to you, even if it seems obvious to you as I am new to 3D printing.

cs09