Close

Technician

Would the PowerSpec 3D X printer be close enough to fit in this group?

Hi all,

I picked up a PowerSpec printer from MicroCenter over the weekend. According to much of the information I read, it's very similar, if not just a re-badge, to the FlashForge Creator X.

I figured I'd hang out here to check out information about how the printer works.

I've been running simple test prints, and it has been working very well so far. I ordered a FlashForge glass bed, and I'm having a great time experimenting (notice I avoid the word 'play' )so far. I think I made a good choice.

Looking forward to sharing information with all the fine folks here.

Cheers,

John

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I think it is a good idea to lump these all together. The Monoprice one should also be.

I talked to the "3d guy" at Microcenter and he said they couldn't have these out on the floor due to contract stuff from Makerware, But that sounded like it was coming to an end.

He also said these all get shipped to a Microcenter warehouse where they are assembled or inspected for shipping damage before being trucked to the stores. I think this is a good idea based on how many broken parts they seem to have reported when shipping from China.

Hi John,

Its been little while you been using this printer, I am also planning to buy same in next few weeks, Could you please share your updated experience with PowerSpec 3D x printer? Much appreciated.

I could not find any details about who is manufacture or reviews etc, so looking forward to have your feedback.

Thanks,
    LeoStar

Technician
    Hi LeoStar,

I just caught this last night. I will try to reply in full this evening (eastern US time). Basics: I am happy with the printer. It appears to be a re-badged FlashForge Creator X. I haven't found anything about it that is different. The only failed prints I have are my own fault, from not bed-levelling often enough.

Cheers,

John

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I will look at getting a subforum for these machines, we don't want them mixed in with the Flashforge threads. Yes, there are a dozen and one clones of it, but there are differences and as minute as they may be its probably best if they are in their own section.